• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Broken AFD

IceChick

Booting up
Skier
A few weeks ago I was kicking my boots off before clicking into my 2013 Volkl RTMs and knicked the AFD which then popped off. I found the spring but it seems that the plastic guide broke and I can't figure out how to get the AFD back on. At this point, I just use these skis to teach 1st timer/carpet - level 2/3 lessons so I'm not concerned about the AFD actually functioning and really just need it to take up the appropriate space in my binding. I'd love to get these skis through the rest of the season. Any suggestions for a macgyver fix? I'm tired of teaching on my powder skis and can't drop $$ on a new pair of carvers yet.

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
Epoxy them back in place? Even some modern bindings don't have a sliding AFD, just a fixed slippery plastic to slide on.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Any suggestions for a macgyver fix?

Can you just super glue it in place? **Disclaimer: I bear no responsibility of what happens if you take this advice**

Or....

Possibly more expensive and difficult, but see if you can find someone that has an old pair of RTMs with the same binding, but the ski is retired, old and unusable...see if you can persuade them to give you the toe piece or buy it at a cheap rate. Post "Want Ads" here, Facebook, etc.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
A few weeks ago I was kicking my boots off before clicking into my 2013 Volkl RTMs and knicked the AFD which then popped off. I found the spring but it seems that the plastic guide broke and I can't figure out how to get the AFD back on. At this point, I just use these skis to teach 1st timer/carpet - level 2/3 lessons so I'm not concerned about the AFD actually functioning and really just need it to take up the appropriate space in my binding. I'd love to get these skis through the rest of the season. Any suggestions for a macgyver fix? I'm tired of teaching on my powder skis and can't drop $$ on a new pair of carvers yet.

post pictures of it. With the spring it should fit back into the slot and then slid back on

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid