• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

British Open

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tee Times, Pairings and other such stuff.

• Defending champion Henrik Stenson will play his opening two rounds of the 2017 British Open at Royal Birkdale in Southport, England, with world No. 3 Jordan Spieth and South Korea's Si Woo Kim
  • No. 1 Dustin Johnson and world No. 4 Rory McIlroy confirmed for arguably the headline grouping alongside 2011 Masters champion Charl Schwartzel
  • Current Masters champion Sergio Garcia, world No. 6 Jason Day and 2015 Open winner Zach Johnson are included in another of the notable trios

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'm looking forward to watching whatever I can. TV time is not available to me much these days! It seems I'm off to Ireland in December..apparently it's the same as playing in the summer there..but with a wee bit more rain.. :roflmao:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
What I've learned somewhat following this since about 1980 is that the course conditions can really dictate and wreak havoc on the best of the best. Someone can be up 10 strokes after Friday and get hammered back down to earth if the wind is brutal during their Saturday tee time and not as bad during the times others farther behind on the scoreboard play.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
my predictions......another first time major winner. rory will miss the cut. DJ will do OK, but struggle with his putting. bones will make some excellent commentary.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What I've learned somewhat following this since about 1980 is that the course conditions can really dictate and wreak havoc on the best of the best. Someone can be up 10 strokes after Friday and get hammered back down to earth if the wind is brutal during their Saturday tee time and not as bad during the times others farther behind on the scoreboard play.
Weather too. Wind and rain cn be killers. Morning or afternoon tee times sometimes cannot protect you either.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Point of order. There is no British Open it's just The Open.

But as you've reminded me I might just pop my radio on to see if I can hear @Started at 53 do his schtick, before enjoying the fleshpots of Southport* on a Friday night later

* story of my mis-spent youth

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Brilliant bit of TV we had yesterday when they showed Beef having a nap in a bunker during practice.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rory looked like he was picking up the pace, but the 10th hole didn't do his game any favors.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So I flip on the The Open to see what's what..and Canadian Austen Connelly is in third?!?! WTF is Austen Connelly?!?! :huh: Dig a bit deeper...born and raised in Dallas, Texas..father is from Toronto. I'm thinking he's American so we'll give this win to you guys if he makes it! :D

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Jordon...+3 in the first 4?????

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
If Kuchar wins, I'll be 3 fer 3, and will have a legit shot at the grand slam. I do a pool with two friends on the 4 majors and picked Garcia and Koepka for the first two.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I flip on the The Open to see what's what..and Canadian Austen Connelly is in third?!?! WTF is Austen Connelly?!?! :huh: Dig a bit deeper...born and raised in Dallas, Texas..father is from Toronto. I'm thinking he's American so we'll give this win to you guys if he makes it! :D
There's some chatter about him. He's got dual citizenship and prefers to be Canadian.
Heck, I'm from northern Michigan and I often feel like I'm Canadian, eh?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Was going to dvr so I could get in a morning ride but with leaders hitting back nine it's turned into must see now.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Turned it in for the first time entire tournament just in time to see Speith shank it 10 minutes ago. All the time taken to finally decide to take a drop out in BFE LOL!!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Spieth needs to pull out a Happy Gilmore shot. :popcorn:

Sponsor