• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Paging @Muleski
1989_toyota_land_cruiser_fj62_15899341817bdf0d6c519f6b34IMG_3882-940x626.jpeg

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Paging @Muleski

I've been following this one. Should be interesting, and obviously already is a record price. There are fans and collectors for every model made, and the FJ-60 and 62's are just workhorses. The one is just a showpiece. I know a few younger guys who own these as the family vehicle in mountain towns. Cheap to acquire, easy to work on, and mileage is not an issue. I love old 60's and 62's with some serious patina and soul. Not that this one is not interesting!

I'm interested in the number of small businesses now essentially restoring, frame up, Cruisers, Wagoneers, Broncos, etc. to better than new condition, and the huge prices they bring. Lots of interest. I tried to buy a UFJ-100, a 2003, for my brother, and lost it to a restorer. It had about 135K light miles on it, and will look brand new soon. In a place like Nantucket.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I'm interested in the number of small businesses now essentially restoring, frame up, Cruisers, Wagoneers, Broncos, etc. to better than new condition, and the huge prices they bring.

I assume everyone also noticed the Scout that's on the front page right now.

Also, I think these days we can't not consider Texas as a resto truck consumer hotbed and a factor in driving prices up on these.

In the meantime, look what showed up on my local CL. Good thing @jmeb is not a Honda hipster :D

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Tsk, Tsk, he did not change out the amber side indicator for clears.
... that probably cost him the sale :ogbiggrin:
Few things are more visceral than a GT3-RS !

scott43

Skier
Not really; you can use a GT3 as a DD, but you need a trailer to take the GT3 RS to the track, which is where it belongs.
Not disputing the efficacy for transport to the track..it's more about the idea of BAT..which is you're buying something historic or somewhat in bits. Buying showroom ready car less than 20 years old belongs in the Porsche Club mag..not on BAT. Now if it were a 1965 Corvair Monza with 71 miles.. :ogbiggrin:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not disputing the efficacy for transport to the track..it's more about the idea of BAT..which is you're buying something historic or somewhat in bits. Buying showroom ready car less than 20 years old belongs in the Porsche Club mag..not on BAT. Now if it were a 1965 Corvair Monza with 71 miles.. :ogbiggrin:
The world according to "Scott43" ogwink

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We jsut saw this one today on our way back from Truckee.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Wow, with the 2.0 4-cyl, that has probably never been to a fire, they'd all be burned out before it got there.

scott43

Skier
My friend's dad had one of those back in the late 70's. Didn't really understand what it was at the time..but it made beautiful noise..

Sponsor

Staff online