• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bring a Trailer and Cars & Bids Appreciation Thread

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Talking of Mercedes colours, anyone know the Mazda colour code that was actually shinier and more metallic than Mercedes silver?

Also looking for BMW bronze, but nvm right now.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This caught my attention. I can't say a common man's 6 series but IMHO the best Acuras ever offered, other than the NSX. This "base" model is such a nice car and with 122K on it , darn good daily driver. I love the skinny A/B/C pillars, such an open greenhouse. If I WAS looking for 3rd car to replace the Miata, this would be it.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This caught my attention. I can't say a common man's 6 series but IMHO the best Acuras ever offered, other than the NSX. This "base" model is such a nice car and with 122K on it , darn good daily driver. I love the skinny A/B/C pillars, such an open greenhouse. If I WAS looking for 3rd car to replace the Miata, this would be it.
I feel like late 80's/early 90's styling either hasn't gotten old enough to look good again... or maybe it never will.

Last edited:

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Bulletproof car - has another 130K in it.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had a 72 with spoke knock off wheels. It was in pieces when I bought it. Restored it and drove it for 10 years. Use to drive it in winter on bald tires; oh the bold and stupid youth :roflmao: Nothing like driving 5 hours on interstate in winter to college in Oswego NY with marginal tires :eek:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
had an eagle - not good memories - no end of problems before getting rid of it.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mileage is fine, but it's over 30 years old; (lots of )too many soft parts will need replacing.
The car looks to have been garaged for many years plus the LA weather plus only at $4450 leaves lots of room for soft part repair. The velour is shockingly beautiful for an LA car.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The car looks to have been garaged for many years plus the LA weather plus only at $4450 leaves lots of room for soft part repair. The velour is shockingly beautiful for an LA car.
I think the car will end up in the $6-7K range. IF I was to get another third car...I would be in the bidding mix on this.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I thought this was all the money...but still a good value. Great miles, great condition and pretty darn bullet proof. If you have a big family and need to haul stuff.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I thought this was all the money...but still a good value. Great miles, great condition and pretty darn bullet proof. If you have a big family and need to haul stuff.

That was a bunch of money for a 2 wheel drive. You are so right though; can't beat a mormon wagon for a big family.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That was a bunch of money for a 2 wheel drive. You are so right though; can't beat a mormon wagon for a big family.
They bought the clock (odometer)

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
'09 M-B SLR McLaren roadster just sold on BaT for .....$725,000!

Sponsor