• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Brighton vs Solitude?

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@SnowbirdDevotee said: Sol/Brighton don't measure up to the other resorts, but the snow conditions are the same as Alta/Bird. And you are getting good skiing for your money. Maybe you can splurge one day and do Alta or maybe Bird

I have read similar statements a lot. In what way does BCC not measure up to LCC? I know it’s about 10% less snow on average, but that still puts it ahead of most resorts in the world. Anything else? From a crowds standpoint it seems BCC is way better.

There is good skiing and challenges at all of them, but the BCC areas are tamer than LCC, esp. SnowBird; Alta too, but, with Alta you need to know where to seek out the gnar, Snowbird it's right in your face--but there's plenty of blue at Snowbird and Alta too. So depending on what you're looking for, you can't go wrong.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Scruffy , thanks for the explanation. That clears up a lot of those statements.

I don’t understand why “more difficult” would mean “better”. A beginner skier would call “more difficult terrain” “worse”.

When we talk about “better” resorts in general terms, we need to make sure we only rate it on general metrics:
everyone likes more snow, fast lifts and short lift lines, lack of crowding etc. But many other things are pretty subjective, ie shopping or nightlife, grooming vs ungroomed etc.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
don't have to worry about getting cliffed out so much in BCC either. u can dive into the trees pretty much anywhere at Brighton and have a blast on the snake runs
( except certain areas right under Crest and between MIlly and Crest where the real hucking goes down! - CR Johnson's old playground)

Solitude and Brighton have more than enough terrain to keep most folks happy.

ill be spending some quality time over there with the IKON pass this winter after the last 3 seasons skiing LCC almost exclusively

Reactions: BC.

Sponsor

Staff online