• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I rented Brahma SP (173) for three days at Park City, Utah over Xmas, felt very comfortable on them. Now that my old ski (2016 Bushwacker) got a giant core shot in one ski, I'm thinking about upgrading. The problem is that I can't find any details on them other than some superficial info about them being high end rental skis.

So, what's the difference between SP and regular Brahma?

Just a bit about myself. 40, male, 5'9, 160#. Decent shape and like to ski everywhere on the mountain. Most of my time is east coast (NY area, such as Catskills, Hudson Valley, and Killington VT). At most a week out west per year. I can rent when I'm out west if needed.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Brahma SP is basically a modern Bushwacker (or Brahma CA) with a more durable topskin for rentals.

TS
G

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ah, no wonder they felt so familiar. So my next question, do I get the new Bushwacker or Brahma? I do feel like the SPs are stiffer than my old Bushwacker. Better edge hold on firmer conditions.

Cheers!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Id demo the 173 Bushwacker and 173 Brahma and decide.

Me and my wife both have new Brahma and find them to be easier than old ski but yet FAR more stable on edge. I am 200lb on the 180 and she is 130lb on the 166cm. She use to have the bushwacker but found them unstable on eastern groomers. The new Brahma is very easy to pivot in tight off piste runs.

Sponsor