• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Bozeman non-skiing activity ideas?

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
So the family and I after much debating, planning, and posting, have decided and booked a trip to Montana in Mid-March. We're staying in Bozeman for 4 days with ski time at Bridger Bowl and a side trip to Mamoth Hot Springs.

Can anyone familiar with the area give me some ideas for must do things when there? We're for sure going to Bozeman Hot Springs in Four Corners one night. Place looks great.

Anything else we should be looking at? We have a condo downtown and are skiing 2-3 days at Bridge (and a day at Red Lodge on the way out there)

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
The Montana Aleworks is a must eatery.
Main street, down town. The old rail station.

Good food, good people.

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Walk Main Street downtown and you’ll see one of the great small city downtowns in America. Food, drink, shopping and entertainment. You’ll like it.

TS
focker

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Montana Aleworks is a must eatery.
Main street, down town. The old rail station.

Good food, good people.

Thanks much... We'll definitely be hanging out downtown each night. Wife and I like to go out for a few drinks when on vacation and let the kids have the condo to themselves....

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Another vote for Montana Aleworks. Bridger Brewing over by MSU campus is fun, has great pizza and of course beer.

I wouldn't recommend Bozeman hot springs, think lots of crowded indoor swimming pools. Norris has hot springs that are more old school and is a scenic drive from four corners.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
There is a nice hot springs area to use on the way to Mammoth, we also hit a few water falls in that area. Did this trip in March 2016 with 10 people in an AirBnB. Great time.

Boiling River https://goo.gl/maps/osvZrdKQMpqZW1G76
The water falls:
1577115908410.png

It was fun seeing the cat tracks around the area. We kept our eyes open.

Have a blast.

TS
focker

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah we're looking into the boiling river deal but the lack of facilities there is not helping the wife get excited. There's no where to change into swimming suits but your car.

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
@focker my mom and aunt were visiting us last winter in Wyoming and went on this tour of the Lamar valley based out of Bozeman, they thought it was amazing and saw lots of wolves. And took beautiful photographs. The person leading the tour was a wolf biologist. The also loved boiling river, there’s a bathroom at the trailhead if u dont want to change in the car ... also great hiking / snowshoeing right around there. We cant wait to go to Montana .... hope u have a great trip!