• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bourbon Advent Calendar

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 yr, well, sort of. There's only a tiny bit in it, because I drank it back when it was only like $50 a bottle. I don't know why I didn't totally finish it. I think it's worth $1200 today or something silly.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
:beercheer: It was actually a gift to my husband, and he didn't like it that much. Thought it was too sweet. I liked it a lot. I think the reason I didn't finish it is because it wasn't technically mine. :roflmao:

I do like Blanton's, a lot, and we always have Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, and Bulleit on hand. I like Basil Hayden, too, and so does @SkiNurse. (She's been converted.) 10th Mtn Distillery in Vail has a pretty smooooth bourbon ... I could go on and on ....

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
:beercheer: It was actually a gift to my husband, and he didn't like it that much. Thought it was too sweet. I liked it a lot. I think the reason I didn't finish it is because it wasn't technically mine. :roflmao:

That is one of the best gifting tactics in existence! I will often pick out a fine tool or beer based on my needs (beer is a need btw) and gift it to my spouse.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That is one of the best gifting tactics in existence! I will often pick out a fine tool or beer based on my needs (beer is a need btw) and gift it to my spouse.

While that is a stellar tactic, I must admit it was not a gift from me. It was from my brother, actually, which I guess is pretty close.

(I gave husband a Yeti cooler last year for our anniversary, and I used it a couple times w/o him and felt guilty because ... well ... that tactic ... so then I went and bought my own. That was kind of dumb.)

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Blantons is my goto, Old Forrester Birthday Bourban is also great and a must try. Woodford, Knob, Basil, buffalo Trace are all regulars in the stable.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

I do like Blanton's, a lot, and we always have Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, and Bulleit on hand. I like Basil Hayden, too, and so does @SkiNurse. (She's been converted.) 10th Mtn Distillery in Vail has a pretty smooooth bourbon ... I could go on and on ....
:hail:

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
IMO taste is the only thing that matters. If you likeit then it's a good bourbon. It would be great if you have the tastebuds to pick up the hint of leather and tobacco, but I just want to enjoy my drink.

Agreed. One of the most well-to-do people I know drinks Early Times because he likes the taste. He is the founder of a cabinet company and maybe the 40+ years of fumes have warped his taste buds...

I'll drink Blantons any place, any time. My daily drivers are Makers, Bulleit, Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
United airlines is serving buffalo trace now!

See if you can find this gem of a boubon, Calumet. Love this!

image.jpeg

TS
kickerfrank

kickerfrank

Let's Talk Business
Manufacturer
So the advent season is over and I have finished my Bourbon Advent Calendar. There were so many great bourbons. Top 3 from the Calendar:

Four Roses Single Barrel
Jefferson's
Old Forrester

There were so many other great ones and many I've had before but I won't spoil the surprise for those interested in this. I drank a lot of Basil Hayden over the holiday. Another one of my favs.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have no recollection of this thread from last year. I blame either too much bourbon then or too much wine tonight. It's been a rough year.
Cheers :rocks:

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier

Many in this thread are made in the same distillery, we did a tour once on a drive back from the Red River Gorge. Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Blanton's and many others

Sponsor