• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I always lock up my skis when going indoors and am surprised at how many people leave their $1000 skis unsecured.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I always lock up my skis when going indoors and am surprised at how many people leave their $1000 skis unsecured.

Same here. I’ve said this many time. At my local resorts they have also free ski checks to ensure the skis are safe and folks still let their skis unlocked and unattended most of the time. In the DC/Baltimore surrounding area where we ski I wouldn’t leave anything unlocked I wasn’t reasonably okay with it walking off. Theft is a sport around here.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yea-go ahead and rub it in! Like we have a mid mountain area in the Mid-Atlantic! Here that means behind a tree Lol

Pretty sure @Doug is talking about behind a tree too.
Wintergreen's got a mid mountain lodge bottom of middle lift where you turn to hit Highlands.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've always thought if I were to be a petty criminal the racks of free skis would be a good target. Have to wonder how many of these guys are roaming around the front range?

Based on the Ski Company prescient, 74 pairs of skis ought to only land him in jail for a few days.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yea-go ahead and rub it in! Like we have a mid mountain area in the Mid-Atlantic! Here that means behind a tree Lol
Well, I do use trees, but I do go inside sometimes. :beercheer:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
There was a fella here in Toronto who stole at LEAST 3000 bicycles..probably double or triple that. He would steal whatever you asked for. I think he did some jail time for that eventually. Prolific..

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I have been quite fortunate. Have never locked up my skis, but also never had them stolen. Lately I have started to use the ski check on busy days at major resorts. My local hill has more of a community feel to it and does not have a ski check or lock racks … this has never been an issue there. I guess I have been lucky.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Back in the 80s I had a pair of Kneissl White Stars stolen from either Alpine or Squaw, can't remember which. I did a police report and they said the worst areas for stolen gear were the one closer to the highway, like Boreal. Easy off/on I-80. Snag and go. Glad they caught this POS.

Sponsor

Staff online