• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boston Globe: Its officially a blizzard

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I get news alerts from several news outlets, including the Boston Globe.
This is my Breaking News just minutes ago.
Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 8.59.08 AM.png

More than 155,000 without power as nor’easter slams Mass.
The number of customers without power is on the rise Tuesday as the third nor’easter in two weeks led to school cancellations, challenging road conditions, and parking bans in Boston and other cities across Massachusetts.

As of around 11 a.m., the power outages totaled more than 155,000, most in Eastern Massachusetts, according to outage data tracked by the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency.

The power outage totals climbed as the nor'easter was officially declared a blizzard in Hyannis, Falmouth, and Plymouth.

To read the full story, visit: www.BostonGlobe.com.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I planned to work today. Driving in was not too bad. No power at the hospital, so no phone or computers. When I left to go back home 20 minutes later, the storm had fully arrived and there was already 2 inches of snow blown against my car. Sitting by a fire watching tv with my newly arrived older daughter, son in law, younger daughter, and Marcia. And 3 big dogs and 2 cats.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That sounds like heaven.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fingers crossed your power stays on and the fire in your hearth is for fun versus staving off hypothermia.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We lost power for the first time in 12 years so can't really complain. It's not even very windy 25 miles from the coast. Might go sledding when i finish up at work.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
It's been snowing hard here in east-central-Mass since I woke up this morning. It looks fairly windy, so I'm guessing it's either "deep" or "scoured".

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
This nor'easter is less dense. The last one was more wet, took down plenty of trees and hit us with peak high tides.

BTW, we may get another Wed, the pattern is setting up for another. I think we have an ice age coming....:duck:

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
we had wet sloppy snow all day, lost power for a couple of hours. getting colder and snow is starting to pile up

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I had my driveway plowed, but I still had 2 feet to shovel up against the garage doors, a couple of inches that came down after the plow, and the (ugh) mouth of the driveway to shovel.

As I was out there working, a lone Canada Goose flew over, honking loudly. I'm pretty sure that was goose-speak for WTF?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
This nor'easter is less dense. The last one was more wet, took down plenty of trees and hit us with peak high tides.

BTW, we may get another Wed, the pattern is setting up for another. I think we have an ice age coming....:duck:

Sweet! Just in time for the New England Gathering! :yahoo:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
After 37 years in New England, I'm finally facing reality and putting snow tires on my Subaru this coming Saturday.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
JB thinks another N' Easter is coming next week making it the 4th this month and Accuweather thinks so as well..... secondary storm(2) may develop and go up the east coast. If this happens, analogs indicates a cold period taking us all the way to April.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I had my driveway plowed, but I still had 2 feet to shovel up against the garage doors, a couple of inches that came down after the plow, and the (ugh) mouth of the driveway to shovel.

As I was out there working, a lone Canada Goose flew over, honking loudly. I'm pretty sure that was goose-speak for WTF?
Careful, Shoveling snow is hard work at our age & outcomes can be bad !

Also today I saw a pair of Canada geese honking while flying north ! Guess no one told them it's still winter. 2 to 3 feet of snow at Tahoe by this weekend. More next week.

Sponsor

Staff online