• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

updown

Booting up
Skier
What boots would you recommend?
I'm 5'1"/113lb woman. Last 97, Mondo 22. My currents boots I need to replace are Salomon XMax90 - 265 BSL.

TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
Sorry, have I posted in the wrong forum? Can that be moved? I wanted to get some input on brands/boots to do some research...

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
What boots would you recommend?
I'm 5'1"/113lb woman. Last 97, Mondo 22. My currents boots I need to replace are Salomon XMax90 - 265 BSL.
We might need a little more about your foot, your skiing ability and what type of skiing/terrain you will be skiing on as well as locations you plan to ski.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Most every boot manufacturer offers a boot in the 260-270mm shell range..it various widths and flexes.
Ones that fit your foot correctly,
many boot fitters should be open for business once it is safe to reopen
QFT

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
As a fitter,
I would try these

Lange RX 90/110 W
Technica mach 1 95/105 W
Solly Xmax 90/110W
Head Raptor 90/110 W

I would inspect the heel pocket volume around your ankle and length via shell check
Select a flex based on your range of motion, ability to flex the boot and stance
Adjust your cuff and possibly alignment if needed

EDIT
Select a proper orthotic to support your foot correctly

It is very hard to recommend boots over the Internet cause I have not seen your foot or how your anatomy reacts to various boots mentioned above.

Remember
The Internet Can’t Fit Your Boots

Last edited:
TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for info.
I need to see a fitter for sure, but like to do some reading about new low volume boots, so I'll check them out.
To add to my stats...I'm in Colorado, low-advanced, 50/50 on/off-piste.

TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
Thanks, I've heard about them...just a bit too far for what might be the multiple adjustment visits. What's your opinion about Boot Mechanics in Golden?

TS
U

updown

Booting up
Skier
Update: Got Lange RX LV 110 W (22/22.5) from Boot Mechanics in Golden. Tried also Tecnica Mach 1 (a real cool looking boot). The Lange had a better heel grip. The boot fitter worked on some spots to relieve the pressure points. All's good. Now to test them on slopes...
Thanks again for you input.

Sponsor

Staff online