• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Now look what you have done :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 9.33.10 AM.png

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
I've got 30+ year old Sorels, bottoms are worn smooth so I used shoe goo to make treads, only replaced the felt liners once.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The new Full Tilt booties!! Also those Lange ones look comfortable as well.

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
I have been using these Danner Mountain 600 Chelsea Boots. I personnaly love the fit and easy on.

m_5d1c27e210f00f94307f3542.jpg

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I had been wearing Merrill hikers for the past few seasons. I added the Vans boot below which is pretty lightweight and slips on and off easily and will keep the snow out better.
27F51573-45AB-41C6-9D87-4F60215728F2.jpeg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I wear low-top slip-on Merrills. I've been very happy with them but they are starting to wear out and I HATE buying shoes.
The good thing is that this thread has made a sizeable fraction of my banner ads show me boots.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I was almost hoping for a Lange Girl image, alas, no.
I think we've been walking the line a little tediously the last few weeks so I decided to keep it G rated.
Interesting fact about the Podium boots I linked to... they are only in existence because of a FIS rule that states athletes can not be on the podium in ski boots.
Or at least thats the word from someone who I trust to know these things.

Last edited:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I wear low-top slip-on Merrills. I've been very happy with them but they are starting to wear out and I HATE buying shoes.
The good thing is that this thread has made a sizeable fraction of my banner ads show me boots.

I have owned several pairs of these in row, and literally have quiver of them now. Everything from uninsulated for summertime farm use, to insulated for winter use.

Bonus if your a snow sport pro of any sort, you can get them on 3point5.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Not recommended for driving but for the long walk up from the crappy parking spot to the base lodge these do the job..

yaktrax-skitrax-ski-boot-protection-81.png

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I am looking for suggestions for lightweight, comfortable, waterproof(or resistant), insulated ankle boots. I have Merrel hiking shoes, but they do not help me with all the puddles and snow and aren't insulated. At home I have Bean boots, but they are heavy, awkward and higher than ankle. AND uncomfortable. I only wear them when shoveling and trudging to and from a store during snow storms.
Thanks in advance.
FYI Saksoff5th.com has both Pajar and Sorel boots on sale with an additional 50% off the already discounted price. Sizes are hit and miss, but I got my daughter a pair of Sorel Tivoli 3 boots for $49
https://www.saksoff5th.com/sorel-ti...90540735477&P_name=Sorel&Ntt=sorel+tivoli&N=0

I have a nice pair of Pajar that I got off Sierra.com last year for a pretty steep discount too so they are worth checking out.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Some Pajar's have a hidden device that makes them anti-slip. Saw them a couple of years ago in Banff. Thought what a great idea!! In the sole of the boot is an indentation that has a flip out metal u-shaped device with spikes. Flip it out if needed, leave it in place for not.

58145_3_5e651faf-8d96-4941-9477-911c72f2d64e_720x.jpg
Got to love Canadian ingenuity :)

ejj

Prairie Skier
Skier
I think we've been walking the line a little tediously the last few weeks so I decided to keep it G rated.
Interesting fact about the Podium boots I linked to... they are only in existence because of a FIS rule that states athletes can not be on the podium in ski boots.
Or at least thats the word from someone who I trust to know these things.

You are absolutely correct. And they are not comfortable nor cozy.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just ordered a pair of Salamon studded snow boots at a great price from STP, yay!

@Doug Briggs, I think you asked about snow and ice shoes somewhere, so thought I'd point these out. Hoping they'll keep me upright for years to come.

It was this time last year my Dad slipped and fell. He was super lucky he just needed a few stitches. The ER was packed with slip and fall injuries. The gentlemen next to my Dad was a mess. In his late 50's and slipped stepping out of his car and broke his clavicle, elbow, and hip. Hoping he recovered fully.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ OK for you...but watch out for walking anywhere inside with those guys, tball! Angry owners of wood floors will be able to track you down.

Sponsor

Staff online