• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I am looking for suggestions for lightweight, comfortable, waterproof(or resistant), insulated ankle boots. I have Merrel hiking shoes, but they do not help me with all the puddles and snow and aren't insulated. At home I have Bean boots, but they are heavy, awkward and higher than ankle. AND uncomfortable. I only wear them when shoveling and trudging to and from a store during snow storms.
Thanks in advance.

I love these. Have used the for 2 seasons. Warm, grippy, easy on easy off. Well made.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Always wanted a pair of these.

FW19_CatBanner_IceGripper_Women_1530x702_5aa2a4fd-6d14-49c0-8a1f-da3ce4815438_1296x.jpg

Made in Montreal. Pajar. They makes men's boots too.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Always wanted a pair of these.

View attachment 113526

Made in Montreal. Pajar. They makes men's boots too.

Herself has a pair. Nice on slab ice but a PITA to clean grass/leaf debris out of.

Her Salewa Alp Pro Mid-GTX are much nicer on random cold (not sheet ice) surfaces like rock/snow and the sole is grippier down to 20F/-7C

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I just ordered a pair of Salamon studded snow boots at a great price from STP, yay!

@Doug Briggs, I think you asked about snow and ice shoes somewhere, so thought I'd point these out. Hoping they'll keep me upright for years to come.

It was this time last year my Dad slipped and fell. He was super lucky he just needed a few stitches. The ER was packed with slip and fall injuries. The gentlemen next to my Dad was a mess. In his late 50's and slipped stepping out of his car and broke his clavicle, elbow, and hip. Hoping he recovered fully.
Thanks, cool boots. Don't forget to take them off at the door. ;-)

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, who's wearing snow boots in the house? Please, folks, let's be civilized here. ogsmile
Bars, restaurants, coffee shops, condo/hotel entryways, retail stores ... etc., etc., etc.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If people are still looking, Merrell makes some that I can recommend. Nice general fit, E-Z on, E-Z off, insulated but trim. The Moab Chelsea waterproof is my go-to for driving and walking around in snow.

Sponsor

Staff online