• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I’m in need of new boots. My current pair worked well enough, albeit not quite perfect. But the liner is beyond packed out. I can almost feel the shape of the outer shell.

(I got it in Killington. Then a critical readjustment was done in Snowmass. Unfortunately, when I went to Aspen again, it doesn’t look like the shop is there any more)

Anyone got good experience with a bootfitter in Summit County, Colorado?

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve used Justin at A Racers Edge in Breckenridge and been happy. Chuck, the shop owner, does a great job as well. @Doug Briggs is the maestro of ski tunes there and may have info for the other fitters at the shop.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Racers edge is the correct answer and it doesn't matter which one of them you get.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
After hearing good things about Chuck at Racer's Edge in Breck for years, I finally went to him from Denver for boot fitting last summer. I got two pairs of boots done, with new footbeds for each, two different days. Wow.

I can't say enough about how great his work is. If you'd have asked about the best place for the whole Front Range, Chuck & Racer's Edge would still be my choice. (I understand his other bootfitters are good also.)

rcc55125

Getting on the lift
Skier
Jeff Bergeron owner of Boot Fixation is an independent boot fitter. He works out of Breck Sports in Breckenridge and has a location in Denver.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Everyone I know in Breck goes to either Chuck or Jeff (both described above).

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
Between the boot fitters "upstairs" at Racers Edge and @Doug Briggs doing his magic with ski repairs and ski tunes "downstairs", I can't imagine going anywhere else for ski maintenance and boot fitting. On top of that, the staff have repeatedly talked me out of more expensive upgrades that I thought I (or my daughter) "needed" and, instead, performed more economical boot/liner/orthotic adjustments that cost me a lot less than what I thought I would be facing. It's refreshing to get such professional help, pragmatic advice and fair pricing.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Two thumbs up for Chuck Ginsburg at A Racer's Edge in Breckenridge. He's the first and only bootfitter to diagnose the weird anatomical structure that limits my ankle flex as well as address my duck-footed stance. He's patient, very knowledgeable, and reasonably-priced. Highly recommend.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Between the boot fitters "upstairs" at Racers Edge and @Doug Briggs doing his magic with ski repairs and ski tunes "downstairs", I can't imagine going anywhere else for ski maintenance and boot fitting. On top of that, the staff have repeatedly talked me out of more expensive upgrades that I thought I (or my daughter) "needed" and, instead, performed more economical boot/liner/orthotic adjustments that cost me a lot less than what I thought I would be facing. It's refreshing to get such professional help, pragmatic advice and fair pricing.

This is exactly my experience at Racer's Edge for boot fitting: the right work, at much less cost, protected by Chuck.

I'd been to Orthotics folk, at much more expensive prices, whose work didn't actually work. And I'd gotten a higher quote (than Chuck's total price) for just a small part of the full fitting work Chuck did, from the afore-mentioned Jeff Bergeron.

Chuck kept saving me from doing more expensive fixes that others had suggested I needed. And his work has stood the test of time on the slope, what a difference.

Last edited:
TS
S

Ski&ride

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I haven’t been able to get appointment with Chuck. Due partly to the busy holiday period, and mostly Chuck not being in the shop due to some family emergency.

I can wait till Chuck comes back, or just see another fitter in his shop. Any one had particularly good experience with any other fitter in this shop?

I do have some biomechanical issue which has been somewhat successfully addressed in my current boot fut. But my current boot isn’t exactly able to fully correct the issue. I’m hoping to be able to accomplish that in my next boot purchase and fitting. So a good fitter will be quite valuable.

Should I wait for an appointment with Chuck? Or does anyone knows another fitter in the shop that are experienced in dealing with these issues?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Brendan, Zach and Joe are all excellent. Coming soon to a shop near you, Justin! returns this coming week, too. He had gone elsewhere for employment (different field entirely) and is a very experienced fitter. Our bootfitters are honest and work as a team to resolve issues an individual fitter might not have as much experience dealing with. Chuck will be backlogged when he returns, probably mid to late next week.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Oh no! I didn't know Justin left! Oh yay! I'm glad Justin's back! (Mostly because he's super fun to talk to - I don't know anything about his work, but I'm sure it's great.)

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Oh no! I didn't know Justin left! Oh yay! I'm glad Justin's back! (Mostly because he's super fun to talk to - I don't know anything about his work, but I'm sure it's great.)

He returns on Tuesday, 1/8. We are all super excited to have him back. I just wish he'd speak English sometimes. :roflmao:

For those that don't know what my joke means, you'll have to meet Justin in person. :D