• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m headed to the shop this week in search of new boots. I’ll need something in a 120-130 flex with a fairly wide forefoot (102-104mm) and a medium to high instep. Any suggestions?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Since it is the internet.

Nordica Speedmachine

Hopefully the shop knows their boots well.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I will be going to a good shop. I was just looking for a starting point.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Since you got a good shop
Just trust the fitters recommendation
I really can't see their inventory or your foot

And trust me I got a list of boots I would try
If I had your foot in my lap

I’d love to hear your list. That said, I’ll head to the shop and see what they can do for me.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I am very happy with Head Advant-Edge 125. It is 102mm wide (in size 26) and shell and liner are oven mold-able which creates slightly more room. One review that I read about the boot called it "cavernous"...just what I was looking for!

But the reason that I chose this boot over other wide boots was the dual hinged "Double Power" lever on the top two buckles. The flared part on the buckle is the extension lever which makes closing these buckles very effortless. I call it the "the old guy buckle" but really they should be on all ski boots.

edgess2_0.jpg

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The forefoot is the easiest part of the boot to work with. Address the back half of the boot, acccomidate the front.

Thank you, Phil. Thread's run it's course. ogsmile

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I hope you are visiting pro-fit see Brian Deely
Or Alpine Ski shop See Brian Eardly

Both these guys do not fool around

ProFit will be my 1st and hopefully only stop. I’ve known Brian Deely for years now.

I’ve always heard good things about Brian Eardly but have no 1st hand experience with him. I didn’t know he was at Alpine. I think the 2 Brian’s worked together at some point in the past.

You have some background with the 2 of them?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I’ve always heard good things about Brian Eardly but have no 1st hand experience with him. I didn’t know he was at Alpine. I think the 2 Brian’s worked together at some point in the past.

That's not quite right. Brian Eardley and Brian Beaumont worked together at Ski Center on Mass. Ave and 49th - B. Deely was at ProFIt at this time.

Then Ski Center DC shut their doors. Eardley had race team work and came into Alpine. Beaumont did Ski Shoppe in Reisterstown and is now at the new shop
- Ski Center LLC - in Gaithersburg.

See ya in Leesburg.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
ProFit will be my 1st and hopefully only stop. I’ve known Brian Deely for years now.

You have some background with the 2 of them?
Both are very well known in the DC area

Friend went to both of them looking for a specific fit for a small foot

She was working with Brian E but he didn't have the shell to fit her foot at the time

So he sent her to Brian D to try the shell at his shop

She had an alignment plus foot pain issues and both were able to accurately zero in on them

She ended up ordering the shell through Brian E cause he initially fabricated a footbed to solve her issues in a previous shell and get the alignment done.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That's not quite right. Brian Eardley and Brian Beaumont worked together at Ski Center on Mass. Ave and 49th - B. Deely was at ProFIt at this time.

Then Ski Center DC shut their doors. Eardley had race team work and came into Alpine. Beaumont did Ski Shoppe in Reisterstown and is now at the new shop
- Ski Center LLC - in Gaithersburg.

See ya in Leesburg.

My recollection pre-dates Brian D’s opening of ProFit. I thought I remembered him telling me they worked together at a shop in Gaithersburg prior to ProFit or Ski Center. I could be wrong since it’s been a while since I thought I heard this. I do know they know each other very well.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
My recollection pre-dates Brian D’s opening of ProFit. I thought I remembered him telling me they worked together at a shop in Gaithersburg prior to ProFit or Ski Center. I could be wrong since it’s been a while since I thought I heard this. I do know they know each other very well.

Inner Ski up by East Diamond Ave?

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Inner Ski up by East Diamond Ave?

Inner Ski sounds right although I have no idea where in Gaithersburg it was. I think some of the folks there also came to work for Brian and Nancy when they opened ProFit in it’s original location.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was at the McLean location for 4 years back when.

Small world. A little known fact is Brian D also did a short stint at Alphine in Sterling when he was between ProFit shops. Bottom line is he has a ton of experience and is very well thought of in the industry, especially in the DMV.

TS
C

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I had a super great experience today at ProFit with Brian Deely in Leesburg, VA. Picked up new boots and had the soles canted for a little less than $600. Brian had me try several different boots but I ended up in Rossi Speed 120s.