• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
mxracer317

mxracer317

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Lots of great opinions, and I really appreciate it.

I’m chilling on the couch today with leg pain in my shins ankles and feet. This is all done from 1/2 of a run yesterday. I cannot believe it!

Because I don’t know how to answer everyone’s technical information, I’m just going to post the picture from the original measurements that I got.

I am with Wendy where I don’t feel like gaining certain performance is going to be worth it to get a little extra performance. From all that I’ve read a size 9 street shoe is a 26 Mondo. Is that correct? If so going down to a 25.5… I think it’s just too short of a boat. No one should experience this kind of pain after half of run. Especially one day later.

Attachments

• 27F690C3-FC75-4FF4-8BD0-F29982787787.jpeg
    27F690C3-FC75-4FF4-8BD0-F29982787787.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 47
TS
mxracer317

mxracer317

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Your feet have become sensitized. What would take a day to cripple you will only take an hour.

What are you suggesting? Plus it’s not just my feet. It’s my shins and my ankles.

I can’t tell if I have shinsplints, but I have pins and needles feeling in my feet. Even today.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What are you suggesting? Plus it’s not just my feet. It’s my shins and my ankles.

I can’t tell if I have shinsplints, but I have pins and needles feeling in my feet. Even today.

IMO, you shouldn’t be having foot pain like this the day after skiing one run. Something is amiss. Pins and needles on the first run, without intense pain is acceptable....but not the next day! It sounds like a nerve was compressed.

Skiing is supposed to be FUN.

The circled and asterisked arch length on the one foot clearly meant something to the bootfitter. I wonder if this is a clue.

FWIW, do not get hung up on equating your shoe size with a mondo point. It depends on your foot and the boot. I am a men’s size 9 shoe, and I am in a 25.5 mondo point. I have a very narrow heel. But my boot has more toe room than my previous 25.5 boot.

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

IMO, you shouldn’t be having foot pain like this the day after skiing one run. Something is amiss. Pins and needles on the first run, without intense pain is acceptable....but not the next day!

Skiing is supposed to be FUN.

The circled and asterisked arch length on the one foot clearly meant something to the bootfitter. I wonder if this is a clue.

Sponsor

Staff online