• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Boot Doc World Cup Foam Liners

bud heishman

Skiing performance facilitator
Instructor
Sky Tavern
Yes, I felt mine were even a bit warmer than stock.

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
How would you compare these to the Surefoot version on the Conformable foam liner? I've been using the Surefoot liner for several years and have found it to be very comfortable, yet precise. Because it fits my foot more accurately, my feet are actually warmer than they were in stock liners.

Also, an input on non-wrap Zipfit liners? I've always stayed away from the wrap Intuitions despite their warmth and comfort due to their reputation for breaking down too soon and lack of precision in transmitting foot/shin movements to the boot.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

bud heishman

Skiing performance facilitator
Instructor
Sky Tavern
Mike, I have not skied in the Surefoot liners but I have had customers come in shop with their liners and the foam seems very firm and folks have commented they are firm and uncomfortable. I just sold a lady a new pair of boots with Zip Fit liners and a new custom footbed who came in with the whole Surefoot shells, foam liners, and footbeds. She left very very happy. I will leave it there. If you have found yours to be comfortable thats great. They seem to be for the more serious expert skier rather than the recreational skier like my customer this week. She is an expert skier but developed nerve damage in your toes from the Surefoot foam boots.

The Intuition red tongue liners are a firmer foam but remember they do not expand to fill voids, only compress to accommodate pressure areas. I have been selling the Intuitions for 24 years and find they hold up pretty well, usually 250 to 300 days of life.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mike, I have not skied in the Surefoot liners but I have had customers come in shop with their liners and the foam seems very firm and folks have commented they are firm and uncomfortable. I just sold a lady a new pair of boots with Zip Fit liners and a new custom footbed who came in with the whole Surefoot shells, foam liners, and footbeds. She left very very happy. I will leave it there. If you have found yours to be comfortable thats great. They seem to be for the more serious expert skier rather than the recreational skier like my customer this week. She is an expert skier but developed never damage in your toes from the Surefoot foam boots.

I agree with @bud heishman on the Surefoot liners and add they are also really heavy. I have seen people come into my shop with them who noeed help but really have no business being in that ucompomising of a liner.

Funkendrenchman

Booting up
Skier
I just got foamed with the World Cup Liner. It's a nice liner, albeit maybe just a bit softer foam than what is used in the comparable Sidas liner. Unfortunately, the tongue is very soft and is not foam. The comparable Sidas liner uses a foam tongue with the same foam they use in the liner. Boot Doc does offer a foam tongue option, but I was told that the quick foam is used in that. I believe Boot Doc should sell the World Cup with a foam tongue and use the same pressure foam in the tongue or figure out another way to stiffen the tongue. As it is now, the tongue does not match the performance level of the liner. As for the rest of the liner, I did notice that the toe box seems a little stiffer and smaller all around than both the Sidas and Surefoot liners I have tried recently. I think next time I get foamed, I am going to go back to Sidas.

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
Got the Boot Doc World Cup liners a few months ago. Firm but comfortable once they packed out a bit. The problem is that they run a full size short. My toes were getting crushed and I had to ditch them. Keep that in mind if/when you order.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
I agree with @bud heishman on the Surefoot liners and add they are also really heavy. I have seen people come into my shop with them who noeed help but really have no business being in that ucompomising of a liner.

I have a pair of Lange RX 120s with Surefoot foam liners, and RS 130s with Zipfits.

I can barely tell the difference between them. I certainly haven’t noticed a big comfort difference. Differences are;
  • The Zipfits take up more shell space and I have to be careful getting into them
  • I need to use the laces on the Zipfit - I don’t use it on the foam liners
  • I can leave the foam liners anywhere without worrying about the liner losing form and having to remould in the morning
  • The Zipfits do seem to fill up more space and be marginally more precise
  • The Surefoot liners are easier to get in and out of
I’d be 100% happy in either. Certainly no issues with the Surefoot foam liners at all.

Sponsor

Staff online