• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Somewhere in the near future I will need new boots. I ski both in the resorts (Europe) on groomers, but more and more I venture off-piste and alpine touring is also in my future. I tried some skinning with my current alpine boots (Fischer RC4 The Curv 130) in frame bindings this season: not a success.

So I am looking at hybrid boots: boots that give me the performance of a good downhill boot, but allow for use of tech bindings, too. So far, together with my bootfitter, I found the Fischer Ranger Free 130 Walk DYN has by far the best fit, and it has all the features I am looking for. Great, but...
The Fischer information states they come with Vibram Grip Walk sole with tech inserts (all the photos show this, also). But one can order seperate sole pads that say 'GripWalk' also, and that don't have the tech inserts.

Question 1: the soles the boot comes with, with the tech inserts, is that also Gripwalk?

Question 2: which of the two soles (the rubber sole with the tech inserts OR the separate pads that say Gripwalk fit in the Gripwalk-compatible alpine bindings that I have on my skis (Marker Rmotion2 12 GW on my Völkl Racetigers, Tyrolia Attack 13 AT on my allmountain and freeride skis)? Or do both versions fit those bindings?

In other words: can I ski this one boot (the Fischer Ranger Free 130 Walk DYN) on my curent alpine quiver as well as in tech bindings, without having to switch soles all the time?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The soles that come with the Fischer are Gripwalk. If you want a DIN sole, it can be purchased separate but if your binding is GW compatible...you will be fine.