• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bode Miller Joins Crosson Ski

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 5.49.25 PM.png
Bode sporting a Crosson Ski hat in a Today Show video. Photo of Big Sky courtesy of @Talisman

Confirmed by multiple sources, Bode Miller has signed with Tukwila, WA-based Crosson Ski. We expect an official release forthcoming. As soon as we get more information, we will update this post.

About Crosson Ski (from its website): At Crosson, we design all of our skis so that even the most aggressive and demanding skiers feel confident they’ve got the best equipment in all conditions. Unidirectional carbon fiber is the ideal material for a premium ski because the fiber orientation and flex characteristics can be controlled independently and developed in unison, resulting in a tuned flex profile that cannot be achieved with fiberglass or a biaxial/triaxial carbon fiber. Our skis are tuned to be precise and responsive, while absorbing fatigue-inducing chatter to deliver the best ride experience possible. When you step into a Crosson ski for the first time and point your tips downhill, you will feel the difference.

About Bode Miller (from US Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame Class of 2018): Fiercely independent, remarkably gifted, and always innovative, Miller revolutionized the ski world with his unprecedented success in five events. Bode Miller’s résumé includes a segment that often gets overlooked amid the brilliance of his six Olympic and five World Championship medals (including four golds), 33 World Cup wins, 79 podiums and two World Cup overall globes. During an unprecedented stretch at the onset of the 2004-05 season, when he was going head-to-head with the likes of Hermann Maier, Lasse Kjus, and Benjamin Raich, Miller won six of the first 10 races. In an era of increasing specialization, when you were either a technical or a speed skier, Miller won races in each of the core disciplines—slalom, giant slalom, super G and downhill—in a 16-day period, and all before mid-December.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Curious? I thought he was invested in Bomber?

Crosson has a pretty under the radar athlete roster, not really in Miller's space, the most high profile probably being Bobby Brown who is potentially 6-10 years past his peak achievement wise. I imagine Bode doesn't come cheap but there must be a story there somewhere.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am sure an announcement will come at some point. I am not sure where that leaves Bomber where he was the face of. We tried to get on some Crosson's skis are a trade show a few years back but IIRC with their limited selecton at the time, none were available in our size.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We did reach out to Crosson Ski and they did not immediately respond to requests for comments.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Weird that they give lengths but no dimension/radius info (not that I want to be dazzled by numbers)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Ah, well hidden!

James

Out There
Instructor
I imagine the price point is like Bomber?
How many pairs of skis are sold per brand at that level? 1-2,000?

Surely Bode has signed with more ski companies than any other podium placing skier in whatever event.
When racing, didn’t he go Fischer, Rossi, Atomic, Head, and maybe K2 wayback?

Really don’t care tbh. As far as his brand, he may just be making himself more and more irrelevant. Or, staying relevant to a smaller and smaller subset of skiers.

It’d be more interesting if he had stayed with say Head and developed interesting product. But that may not be possible with his way of thinking. Skis that are “good” for Bode, probably even Daron Rhalves wouldn’t want. Hell even Bode doesn’t want them after a month it seems. ogsmile

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
IReally don’t care tbh. As far as his brand, he may just be making himself more and more irrelevant. Or, staying relevant to a smaller and smaller subset of skiers.

Never heard of Crosson so maybe its worth it for them to get a profile but there seem to be more and more superpremium skis out there and with the world headed into a CV induced recession plus additional operating concerns for the industry in the next 12 months its hard to see how that sort of conspicuous consumption really goes down well.

As for Bode it feels like chasing a payday to shill for another brand that is 99.9% irrelevant to most skiers. One imagines as you say he could have had an interesting and enduring ski career post racing like Rahlves, accompanied with ongoing product development for one of the big companies but I guess that was never in his DNA.

James

Out There
Instructor
but there seem to be more and more superpremium skis out there and with the world headed into a CV induced recession plus additional operating concerns for the industry in the next 12 months its hard to see how that sort of conspicuous consumption really goes down well.
Yeah it’s kind of like seeing a new restaurant that started construction late last year and is half finished. Hard to see it working out.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Could see Bode signing for part ownership.

Those price tags make Kastle look like a real bargain.

biaSnow

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
weird choice, crosson skis are all twin tip 'freeride style' skis

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Crosson is also partnering with Heierling ski boots. They are on their website HERE. This along with parterships with Look, Marker, Kjus, Komerdell and Zai, which ironicly is a competing boutique ski brand. I wonder if Bode will stay in his Full tilts or will switch to Heierling?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have never heard of Crosson skis, likely due to their niche market extremely high cost. My guess is that the typical Crosson ski buyer is not a former ski racer, does not follow ski racing, and might only have a vague idea who Bode Miller is and no idea what he has accomplished in the ski racing world.

I see no real value for Crosson Skis having Miller on board. Do they plan on coming out with the Bode Miller Signature Ski (de-tuned race ski), for huge dollars, that no one will buy?

I am thinking that a Hollywood celeb who is a skier, like Bruce Willis, would make for a better spokesman for Crosson than Miller.

Sponsor

Staff online