• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bode Miller Interview/Podcast

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lance Armstrong sat down with American World Cup ski racer and six-time Olympic medallist Bode Miller in Aspen to talk about Miller's decorated alpine skiing career and more. Their candid conversation touched on everything from Miller’s unconventional upbringing, to what it feels like to fly down a mountain at 100 miles per hour, to the mental game of higher-risk sports like skiing and cycling. Miller, now a father of four, also talks about his passion for horse racing, and shares what’s next, following his formal retirement from ski racing.

https://soundcloud.com/user-4118672...ller-the-forward-podcast-with-lance-armstrong

James

Out There
Instructor
Very interesting. Just started.
He's talking to Lance about equipment and skiing. "Without the right equipment you're better off in the lodge"

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I found the bit about Bode buying him a glass of wine after Lance attack-dogged him when he spoke out about PED's.. Kinda shows the difference between Bode and Lance previously..and Lance kinda knowing it..and how he's a bit better balanced now.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
These guys are being brought together, and have developed a bit of a friendship, through a tight group of people connected with the Aspen Valley Ski Club. Lance owns a home in Aspen, spends a lot of the

summer there. Bode has a lot of friends there, and both were just in town for AVSC's AjaxCup fundraising event(s). They were both at Belly Up along with Lance's buddy NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson {Aspen resident} and his friend Dale, Jr. the other night.

Interesting group. I think that Lance and Bode are a bit similar. Not really "chatty" by nature, so to speak. But good effort in front of a camera or a mike......

Looking forward to Bode in Pyeonchang.

James

Out There
Instructor
About halfway. Never knew Lance was such a Joey. They're pretty good together, Bode should interview him.

I'm at the part where he talks about downhill skis. Like they don't work till 50-60mph. Then Lance asks about Lindsey skiing the Men's courses. @Primoz would be interested. He says it wouldn't be good in any way.
Though Bode calls her one of the best skiers ever, men or women, he says if she skied Kitzbuhel, Bormio, or Wengen she would be in the nets so fast, or worse, it wouldn't be funny. She already takes lots of risks on the womens courses, it wouldn't make sense. He says he's talked to her about it.

Basically, he thinks it would be pointless and stupid, and she could get hurt badly. And he's told her.
That's interpreting, but he's pretty straightforward about it.

At school, Carravassett? They essentially had an intervention and told him he sucked at skiing and needed to switch to snowboarding. He basically just got pissed off and decided he'd get better. He wasn't going to snowboard. Doesn't go into much more..

Really interesting about the horse racing. He says learning the systems of Ussa and Fis points essentially taught him handicapping. His view on horses is they do no training. There's been almost no improvement in performance since Secretariat. Unlike humans and the improvements from training, nutrition, sports science.

Lance is excited by his new ski boots... Bode says he warned him, and people have to learn. lol. Sounds like whatever Lance got Bode thinks they're terrible. I wonder if he got the Apex.

That's at the end. Interview is definitely worth listening to if you're in this thread.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Great interview. I liked how LA acknowledged he was a jerk back in his doping days. I have a lot more respect for him now. Bode was great. The Horse racing stuff was boring to me, but there was a lot of good info.

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
Thought it was a great podcast - Imteresting on how Bode view horse training and his model vs establishment. I'm sure LA could relate sounded a lot like bike race training.

Interesting what he said about LV

#48 and #8 car connection is bikes. I see #48 pretty regularly on our summer 5:15 AM hammerfest around the city inthe dark - he's legit and very humble guy. Also ski's and last year lived in Aspen until season was over commuting to races and the CLT. His pilot is pretty fast on a MTB too - has some KOM's

Ecimmortal

Getting off the lift
Skier
Lance's Podcast is one of my subscriptions. I don't listen to EVERY one as sometimes the guests just don't interest me. Stages was real goo during the tour last year. It was fun to watch the tour in the morning, then listen to the podcast on my afternoon drive home.

People like to rail on LA, but it seems he has moved on, and is a different person these days.

Sponsor