• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold BMC Grandfondo 01 w/ Enve Components

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
BMC Granfondo 01, Carbon, 58" frame should fit riders from 5' 10-6' 2".

$3,350, if shipped, add $100.00 PRICE DROP TO $1,999.99 = SEE CHANGES

I am selling my beloved BMC. This bike is truly awesome but I'm going for a new road bike with discs and a slightly more aggressive geo.
bmc.jpg

• Dura Ace Group set, 2016 (except Ultegra 11-32 cassette)
 Compact cranks 50/34- setup for climbing
BMC Carbon 18mm offset
3T 17* 100mm stem
• 44cm 3T Ergosum Pro carbon bars
• Bontrager Aerolus 3 D3 Carbon Wheels with DT Swiss 240 internal hubs- super light, Aero and fast rolling- PLea note, these are $2,350.00 Wheels.
• Schwalbe Pro One Tires- tubeless

This is BMC's highest quality frame and one of the highest rated GF bikes. Perfect for our chip N' Seal roads and hard packed gravel. GF frames are not as aggressive as race frames making them ride softer and slightly more upright yet still efficient. Super smooth yet climbs very well due to stiff Bottom Bracket.

You cannot buy a bike at this level of quality new for twice the price.

• Seat and bottle cages are not included

Last edited:

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
That is a great bike and a great deal. If I wasn't looking for I bike with disc brakes I would seriously consider it. What size tires are you running on it?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I was in my local shop fondling bikes the other day. The owner said, basically, "You see anything you like with rim brakes, make me an offer." Apparently the tipping point has been reached.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
That is a great bike and a great deal. If I wasn't looking for I bike with disc brakes I would seriously consider it. What size tires are you running on it?

It kills me to sell it but for our pass's I really want the disc's and the ability to run 32's. After riding my Moots with disc's its really nice. Although its a 58, its not a really large bike.

https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/us-en/support/bike-archive/2014/road/granfondo-gf01/ultegra/ the real difference in a 56 v 58 is the stack.

I'm running a Schwalbe pro one 28 up front which inflates to 31.5mm on the Aerolus's and I can only fit a true 28mm wide width in the rear. I run the front at 60 and the rear at 70 for a smooth but really fast combo. For those who don't read the Road bike section, go read up on how much faster wider tires at lower PSI are, not to mention incredibly more comfortable .

Last edited:
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I was in my local shop fondling bikes the other day. The owner said, basically, "You see anything you like with rim brakes, make me an offer." Apparently the tipping point has been reached.

I would agree to a point but if you dont ride hilly or mountainous areas rim brakes are more than fine and will still save you a about a pound. Even on our rides here for most of the time, rim brakes are fine. Put Swiss stop Black Prince pads for your carbon rims the braking is fantastic. I'm not the fastest rider but I regularly hit 40 or higher and that dependable disc is nice.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I would agree to a point but if you dont ride hilly or mountainous areas rim brakes are more than fine .

Totally. I wasn't dissing your bike at all. I was just musing since there were already two posts in this thread from people looking to move to a disc setup. (You were one.) More like I was thinking about what great deals rim-brake bikes are right now! :)

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
That is a great bike. One of my riding buddies rides a BMC Gran Fondo and loves it. I will emphasize again, this is a great deal on a great bike. However, as long as I am looking to upgrade I want disc brakes. I am training hard again this summer to ride Cycle Oregon ( http://www.cycleoregon.com/ride/the-classic/ ) and there is a lot of climbing and decent so I want disc brakes on my next endurance geometry bike. Otherwise, I would be all over this bike. It is even the right size! I might ultimately convince myself I can live without disc brakes for this price on such a nice bike.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
convince away :)

@Jwrags that tour looks amazing. Good luck and I hope you post up pics.

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

It has...but pretty much anyone riding >4K a year or willing to lace up their own wheels - or both - has seriously awesome deals to pick from.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh..... SWEET.

I used to own a BMC race bike. ogsmile

Too bad this one is a tad too large.

Anyone not doing long, or supersteep descents where discs aren’t necessary should grab this. Or even if you are......it’s a light bike.

Reactions: Ron

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I would agree to a point but if you dont ride hilly or mountainous areas rim brakes are more than fine and will still save you a about a pound. Even on our rides here for most of the time, rim brakes are fine. Put Swiss stop Black Prince pads for your carbon rims the braking is fantastic. I'm not the fastest rider but I regularly hit 40 or higher and that dependable disc is nice.

I really like the Rim brakes on my Emonda. No issues with braking and I mostly ride hills.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Thanks @Ken_R the discs are really more of a luxury, they are nice but not essential Same goes with the electronic shifting. . With the Black Prince pads The braking has always been dependable and even squeak free :)

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Thanks @Ken_R the discs are really more of a luxury, they are nice but not essential Same goes with the electronic shifting. . With the Black Prince pads The braking has always been dependable and even squeak free :)

Totally, I mean I have disc brakes on my cross bike and MTB but that is basically standard on those bikes and with stream crossings and dirt / mud they are just about essential for use off road.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
So I ended up taking the Enve Stem and Bar off the bike for my Emonda after going to Retul for a fit. I put on a Equallt good 3T carbon 44 bar and a 3t Pro 100mm stem. Then I took off the Enve Seat post and put back on the stock BMC carbon seatpost.

So..... I can sell this now for 1999.99 :) ANYONE?

Sponsor

Staff online