• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blue Bucket Trick or Treat

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The trouble is, knowing what each color means.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
The Law of Unintended Consequences is gonna come up with a half-dozen ways to beat this system, because of the different combinations of participants knowing, or not knowing, what each color means.

On the other hand, every family in the neighborhood will know exactly which of many kids in a ghost costume is Charlie Brown, and give him, and only him, a rock.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
We get 500+ trick-or-treaters at our house. Depends if it's raining or not. Sometimes, up to 1000. There is basically a line for 2-3 hours outside the house. Our neighborhood is really active on Halloween. We sit in the front yard with a table -- it's impractical to handle that many kids at the doorway. We also don't have time to ask each kid what candy they want... the line gets too long.

The only special requests we get for candy/no candy comes from friends we know. I'll keep an eye out for different colored buckets this year. Many people just have a plastic bag. If this becomes 'a thing,' next year we'll get some sticker/toys for those kids.

I am guessing that kids with allergies either don't go out, or the parents help pull out the bad stuff from the bucket when the kid comes home. I never really thought of the liability of giving a kid something that they may be allergic to... I guess we will need them to sign a waiver before getting candy? :huh:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
This has been mentioned in the news here too. Didn't see the teal, but....The big thing some mentioned was that you were now singly out kids. Then it would translate into not good things.....

I live in a condo complex....no trick or treater's allowed. Which makes for a dull evening...

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Instead of having one bowl/box of treats, have 3 ... orange, blue, and teal. Should help avoid mistakes in handing out treats.

Question for those who are involved with children with autism or food allergies ... would this make them feel represented or acknowledged vs being different?

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
We get zero at our house.

We bring the boys to the town common to do the trunk-or-treat.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Houses too far apart in Vermont to Trick or Treat. The 60th annual Rutland Halloween Parade is pretty cool. We are joining the Skelton dancers as the skiing Skeltons this year.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Soem jachkat booked me for a 4:30pm meeting today.. Gonna cut in to our prep time as the kids will be showing up while I'm trying to get off that call.

Representing at work. Only a few will get my costume at work, most are under age 40..
73066037_2989891497693035_2001026367012995072_n.jpg