• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blizzard's IQ Max System

maverick2

The 1st 50 yrs are practice - we score the 2nd 50.
Skier
Anybody know where to find a pair of blank sliders that will fit into Blizzard's IQ Max system of skis that they were using in 2010 thru 2012? A pair of "The One's" dropped into my lap and I've got a pair of bindings sitting unused, so for the price of a pair of sliders I can fill the middle spot of my quiver with what I remember to be a very fun ski. I've struck out with Ebay and Blizzard dealers, so thought I'd throw it out to the masses and see what pops up...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
These are real scarce. Might be best off to find a pair of skis with them and strip them. I will say, I have seen more than a pair or two of these break, not sure I would have 100% confidence in them.

TS
maverick2

maverick2

Skier
These are real scarce. Might be best off to find a pair of skis with them and strip them. I will say, I have seen more than a pair or two of these break, not sure I would have 100% confidence in them.
Duly noted. My interest in finding sliders is somewhat dual purpose -- my wife and daughter each ski a pair of Crushes, so even if the Ones don't work for me, a spare set of sliders would be nice to have on hand.

TS
maverick2

maverick2

Skier
This is the gray plate that slides onto the ski? I think i have a set somewhere, will check and PM
Yes. The skis with this system had an integral rail formed into the topsheet of the ski, and the slider plate fit into the rails and are held in place with a screw in the center. Some of the skis were sold with bindings incorporated into the plates, and some were sold with blank plates that accepted bindings you'd mount on flat skis. I'm looking for the latter. Thanks for looking!

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There is a work-around but it defeats the adjustment feature. Assuming you know where you want to mount, high UDPE plastic bar stock of the appropriate dimensions can be screwed down between the rails, then acting as the mount surface for your binding of choice. Extra work, but it works - I've done it several times.

TS
maverick2

maverick2

Skier
There is a work-around but it defeats the adjustment feature. Assuming you know where you want to mount, high UDPE plastic bar stock of the appropriate dimensions can be screwed down between the rails, then acting as the mount surface for your binding of choice. Extra work, but it works - I've done it several times.

Yeah, that's my backup plan.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Your garage must be enormous.

:roflmao: it is meant to be a triple garage but it is crammed pretty tight!!!

+ my parents grew up during the depression so I learnt from my Dad not to throw things away! :) - which is good and bad!

Anne

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I am pretty sure I have one. I will let you know in the morning

TS
maverick2

maverick2

Skier
The APB for the sliders can be turned off. ScotsSkier was able to find his and they are en route from Tahoe to Idaho.

A big thanks goes out to ScotsSkier (and everyone else that responded and looked). The snowskiing crowd is pretty hard to beat for stuff like this.

-- Mark

Sponsor

Staff online