Featured Cage Match Comparison Blizzard Brahma vs Rossignol Experience 88 Ti

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews and Comparisons' started by Philpug, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 7.52.33 AM.png
    In all its wisdom, Blizzard played it safe when redesigning the Brahma. It had a good thing going and decided to tweak things rather than start over. So, the new Brahma got a slightly more rounded shovel, a slightly more aggressive sidecut, and a slightly more balanced flex compared to the model that we used 2 years ago. The key words here, if you haven’t noticed, are "slightly more," and in ski math, 3 slightly mores = 1 significantly better.

Now, the all new Experience 88 Ti -- or is it EXP 88 Ti (I'm not sure, in the catalog it is Experience, on the ski it is EXP) -- well, whatever you call it, this is an all-new ski, a revolution from the old ski. Rossignol went the opposite direction from Blizzard, making the ski significantly more relaxed with significantly more tip rise and a slightly tighter turn radius. Here, 2 significantly + 1 slightly = a ski that is a $hitload more fun than the old model.
    • Why choose the Brahma? You favor stability. The Brahma wants to run -- just like a bull through the streets of Pamplona.
    • Why choose the Experience 88 Ti? You liked the hard snow feel of the old Experience but want a ski that will be playful off piste Here you go.

1chris5 likes this.
  2. bjohansson

bjohansson Booting up Skier

Interesting.....a friend asked me what is the best all-mountain ski for where we ski (Magic Mountain, VT). I mentioned both of these skis.

Philpug likes this.
  3. EBG18T

EBG18T Luv da snow! Skier

How different is the 2019 Brahma from the 2017 Brahma?