• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ArcCityMayor

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be heading out to Utah next week and I'll be looking to rent some skis. I'm currently running a 2015 Nordica Nergy in 177 which is way too little ski for me. I'm only 155 lb and 6 ft but I'm a very aggressive skier. Im a pretty good racer and I'm used to skiing race skis 4 times a week so using the nergys as free skiing skis leaves me wanting a lot more. I love knuckle dragging on my 180 Volkl GS racetigers and I want a off piste ski that can handle my aggression and power without losing all edge grip. I have great on piste carvers with my race skis but I want a really aggressive off piste ski to replace my nergys. I'm thinking the Blizzard Bonafides but they will be hard to get my hands on for a demo out in Utah. Any other ski suggestions for around a 95-105 mm waist? Im also not sure on lengths. Bones in 180 or 185. Also the Enforcers might be good but 187 or 193? I'm also skiing a 130 Technica Mach 1 boot. Thanks!!!!

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Your choice for the Bones will be 180 or 187.

185 of 193 for the enforcers.

I like the 180 Bones (daily driver) and enjoyed the Enforcers at 185.

I think you might appreciate the longer lengths though...greater contrast to the 177 NRG. I didn't find either ski to "ski long".

I don't know if it is different in Utah, but I find it very easy to demo/rent Blizzard freeride skis, but the Nordicas seem to be at tougher find.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Yep, Mike has the lengths right. I have a bit of experience with the skis in my family. Our adult son is a coach, affiliated with Nordica as of a few years ago, and Blizz before that. Our daughter is with Blizz. Both in the Rockies.

Our son has always skied the longest length in either the Bonafide, or the Enforcer 100. He's about 5'11",195 lbs. Frankly, he'd like both skis to be made in a longer length. I'm 5'10", 200, but I'm 63 years old. I'm "OK with my skiing...extensive race background as well" and I've had the Bonafide in every generation, in a 187cm. Now to really mess things up, our daughter skis the Bonafide as her everyday ski in a 180cm. She's 5'5", 135lbs....and yeah, she rips.

However, to throw this in the mix, we all really like those skis, and ski them in everything. Are they a hard snow, flat surface carver? No. The think that you'll likely notice the most is that the tips, with all of the rocker and the tip shape don't engage like a race ski. Not a huge deal, get them on edge and they are fine. But, depending on how you like to ski it's different.

You might want to try one other ski, before you decide. Or two. I also ski Head Monster 88, and a Monster 98. Both in a 184cm. The skis have very little tip rocker, and a tail shape that you'll perhaps be more used to. They are pretty much fully cambered ski. The 88 is probably my favorite everyday ski, in most anything, "out West." Great ski. I honestly don't know anybody who can ski fairly well who does not like them.

Have never skied an Nergy, so can't offer any help there.

Good luck. I would think you could find all of these to demo in Utah...maybe not in the longest lengths.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be heading out to Utah next week and I'll be looking to rent some skis. I'm currently running a 2015 Nordica Nergy in 177 which is way too little ski for me. I'm only 155 lb and 6 ft but I'm a very aggressive skier. Im a pretty good racer and I'm used to skiing race skis 4 times a week so using the nergys as free skiing skis leaves me wanting a lot more. I love knuckle dragging on my 180 Volkl GS racetigers and I want a off piste ski that can handle my aggression and power without losing all edge grip. I have great on piste carvers with my race skis but I want a really aggressive off piste ski to replace my nergys. I'm thinking the Blizzard Bonafides but they will be hard to get my hands on for a demo out in Utah. Any other ski suggestions for around a 95-105 mm waist? Im also not sure on lengths. Bones in 180 or 185. Also the Enforcers might be good but 187 or 193? I'm also skiing a 130 Technica Mach 1 boot. Thanks!!!!

I have been out on the 187cm Bones (both the current gen and the one prior) and really enjoyed them on hard snow here in Colorado. I also loved the Head Monster 98's in 177cm (did not get a chance to demo the 184cm's). Both excellent skis. The Rustler 10 is even more fun all over the hill (its lighter than both the monster and bones) but still works nicely on harder snow (I demoed the 188cm's). I think you would like all three as well although I am a bit heavier (6-2, 190). The Enforcers are nice but the 193 imho just too big, heavy and cumbersome. The 185 is a really good ski but the Monsters and Bones are definitely damper and more chargey.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I am 5'9 200lb.

I own

185cm Enforcer 93
185cm Enforcer 100
187cm Blizzard Bonafide.

I also am temporily skiing a tecnia Mach 1 130.....until I get a pair of Kr2 pro fitted again.

The bonafide is the best at large turn on groomers, and charging though crud, it also ski longest, heck Id contend it skis longer than a 193cm Enforcer. The E100 is easily the best in powder, significantly better than the bonafide in powder especially in tight places, and better are shorter turn on groomer than the bones.

The E93 is quite a bit grippy on harder snow, way quicker than either ski in skied off piste, and enough to ski to ski any powder you will run to, even though bigger skis will be easier.

IMO the Bonafide is to much ski for the mach 1 130, but the enforcers seems to do ok being driven by it.

Last edited:

Kyle

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am 6’3” and 220lb.

I own a 193 Enforcer 93 and an OG Blizzard Bonafied 187. My take is that the Bonafide will feel more like a race ski but I think you are the right ballpark with either. Unlike a lot of people, I prefer the Enforcer 93 to the 100 but perhaps I did not give the 100 a fair chance with only 3 demo runs on them. However both the 93 and the Bonafide were love at first turn.

The Head Monsters or the Kastle’s referenced above are also good alternatives (I own a Kastle MX88 as well and have skied my friend’s Monster 88s—both have a relatively racey feel).

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
IMO, the Enforcers are more versatile than the Bones, esp in soft snow, but the Bones have a higher top end in chop. Maybe.

I ski the Enforcer in 185, and it does NOT feel long, yet the 193 does. Almost like it's two sizes longer than the 185. Go figure.

Given your style, make sure and mount the Enforcer back 1.5 or so from the factory line. It changed the ski from one I liked a lot to one I loved.

And again, given your style, I agree with the posters above that mentioned the Monster 98 or 108 being worth consideration. And they're going away!

Sponsor

Staff online