• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison Blizzard Black Pearl 88 vs Head Wild Joy

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
CMC Wild Joy vs Black Pearl.png
When it comes to skis in this category, almost every one is compared to the ever-popular Blizzard Black Pearl. For that reason, Blizzard added its name to three primary skis from its Flipcore freeride line: Black Pearl 78, Black Pearl 88, and Black Pearl 98. With this evolution of the Black Pearl name, Blizzard’s Women to Women initiative made some nice improvements. The new construction with carbon and an additional few millimeters at the tip and tail create a quicker turn and lively experience for a variety of women without disappointing long-time Black Pearl fans.

Meanwhile, Head has introduced the 90mm Wild Joy to its Joy series, continuing with the implementation of Graphene in its Libra construction. One of the standout features of the Wild Joy is how incredibly light it is while remaining powerful for those hard-charging days when you’re going from groomers to moguls to crud.

It stands to reason that the evolution of a Blizzard fan favorite and a brand-new ski in Head's lineup are at the top of the list in a Cage Match. Both skis offer a turn radius in the 14m range, and both promise a light yet powerful experience. But that is where their similarities fade: the Black Pearl 88’s Flipcore rocker creates a playful experience, while the Wild Joy’s tail shape inspires some serious carving.
  • Why choose the Black Pearl 88? You are looking for a playful all-mountain ski.
  • Why choose the Wild Joy? You want an all-mountain ski that really carves.
  • Other skis in class: Atomic Vantage 90 CTi W, Dynastar Legend W88, K2 AllLuvit 88, Völkl Kenja.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@James you requested this.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can't wait till GF (my Girlfriend) gives me the lowdown on the BP 98 vs 88. It's still "rock ski" season here in the east so she has yet to bust a move w/ the new 98's. Meanwhile my Bones (Blizzard's and my body!) have taken a SERIOUS BEATING! :philgoat:

Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can't wait till GF (my Girlfriend) gives me the lowdown on the 98 vs 88. It's still "rock ski" season here in the east so she has yet to bust a move w/ the new 98's. Meanwhile my Bones (Blizzard's and my body!) have taken a SERIOUS BEATING! :philgoat:

I have images in my head from this post that..... well.......
:roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online