• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blister Gear podcast on face masks

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s a conversation with two product designers from OR about their research and development of their face mask, plus a brief discussion near the end of some updates to existing products like buffs to address Covid.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I've got a box of cheaper $1 KN95 masks. They're poorer quality than the $5 ones I bought. The straps break easily on them.. but they do still have the electrostatic layer that effectively traps bacterial virus particles. I'm using them as liners for other cloth masks... That way my more comfortable cloth masks now have a true KN95 filtering layer.

Of course the seal isn't as tight as a legit medical N95 but way better than a regular cloth mask or neck gator. I bet the goggles would hold it in place inside a neck gator for the efficacy of an OK KN95 but look and comfort of a buff or neck gator.

TS
David Chaus

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, I have the OR mask, It is a good fit, and the nose bridge is really good (they have a decent metal strip in the fabric). The mask fabric itself is a pretty tight weave. When I was in 95 degree weather I needed to remove the electrostastic filter to keep it bearable, otherwise I keep the filter in and replace it as needed.

If they can have a similar level of mask protection in a neck buff for winter sports, I’ll get one for sure.

Sponsor

Staff online