• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
Evo has an extra 10% off their clearance today, which includes a decent selection of ski gear including Blizzard and DPS.

TheHitman

Putting on skis
Skier
Anyone have the scoop on who has skis, gear, or clothing on a good sale for Black Friday?

I'd love to find some Monster 88s for a good deal. But also misc ski clothing.

No more STP deals...:( I don't know where to get my goods.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Moosejaw has 30% off on a single full priced Arcteryx item. Code: JUMP30

Backcountry too.

Last edited:

Kent

Getting on the lift
Skier
Renoun.. free look spx bindings.. $100 upgrade to look pivot 12
How does either the SPX12 or the Pivot12 compare to Tyrolia13 for ease of stepping into? I have Marker Griffons on two of my ski pairs and greatly dislike how hard they are to step into. My Tyrolia 13 bindings, on the other hand, are a pleasure to step into.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How does either the SPX12 or the Pivot12 compare to Tyrolia13 for ease of stepping into? I have Marker Griffons on two of my ski pairs and greatly dislike how hard they are to step into. My Tyrolia 13 bindings, on the other hand, are a pleasure to step into.
They are easier than the Griffons but not as easy as the Tyrolia. The SPX is much better than the old PX heel, which was more like the Griffon for step in ease.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For your one stop Holiday shopping needs is right HERE. Extra straps with every donation this weekend.

BTaylor

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Skier
Moosejaw has 30% off on a single full priced Arcteryx item. Code: JUMP30

Backcountry too.

And if you have an Active Junky account, you get an extra 12% money back through Friday (11/24) at Backcountry. Must use the Active Junky link.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
And if you have an Active Junky account, you get an extra 12% money back through Friday (11/24) at Backcountry. Must use the Active Junky link.
I'd like to know more about Active Junky then what I got from their website.
It says it will be three months to get your 12% of the purchase price.
I'm wondering what happens if I return the merch I ordered 10 months after purchasing it and have not placed any additional orders thru Active Junky since?
Always the skeptic, i feel it may be more trouble than it's worth when purchasing high ticketed seasonal sport specific items which for whatever reason I may decide to return before having the chance to use.

Last edited:

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
racewax.com has 20% off entire site (and their prices are pretty good to start). Wow-I've made two posts here-must be displaying my frugal Dutch heritage! (and I spent some time on the Renoun site also).

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I'm wondering what happens if I return the merch I ordered 10 months after purchasing it and have not placed any additional orders thru Active Junky since?
Always the skeptic, i feel it may be more trouble than it's worth when purchasing high ticketed seasonal sport specific items which for whatever reason I may decide to return before having the chance to use.

AJ is awesome. Been using it for a couple years. It’s free and you get cash back; what’s not to like?

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

What’s the potential downside? That they request the money back from your paypal account if you’re no longer entitled to the rebate because you returned the item? You’re still out nothing in that scenario.

I’ve been using Active Junky for a year or two. I’ve found it to be excellent.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What’s the potential downside? That they request the money back from your paypal account if you’re no longer entitled to the rebate because you returned the item? You’re still out nothing in that scenario.

I’ve been using Active Junky for a year or two. I’ve found it to be excellent.
One concern which I see as a potential gray area is in that the merch order was placed thru AJ the retail store would issue the refund to AJ, leaving me stuck with a credit with AJ to use toward the next AJ purchase. Refund to my form of payment, being AJ and not my credit card. No such a big deal on nickel and dime items, or for those who frequently using AJ which is what appears to be what AJ is banking on, i.e., lack of activity termination and fees for. Again I see AJ as very "user specific" to the needs of a certain type of consumer and a potential pitfall to others.
Perhaps I didn't read the terms carefully enough but AJ just doesn't seem to be so free and easy. What's to stop one from opening multiple accounts, making high dollar purchases such as $5K bicycles etc, followed by a very small nickle dime purchase or two for the next three months then returning the high dollar item at retailers which allow for extended return periods and pocketing the 12%, then putting a block on AJ emails to that email account. On to the next email account to repeat the process? Too simple right?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Wendy
    Resurrecting the Oxford comma
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January