• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Binge Cooking?

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I definitely binge cook! If I find something that I like, it will get made a lot! I am so excited for winter this year (when it's cool enough out to cook) because I recently retired and can REALLY cook now. My latest summer binge is a boeuf bourguignon stew that is actually really good even though it's crock pot food. Let me be clear .. I grew up in Montreal; I am a foody; I am very picky. I can't wait now that I have time to really cook!

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
BLT's with local tomatoes are weekly in the summer time. Marinated grilled flank steak or chicken breasts on big salads. Penne pasta with hot Italian sausage, mushrooms (@cantunamunch, Kennett Square, PA is the mushroom capital of America), pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, lots of arugula or broccolit rabe, onion, garlic, and grated romano cheese (my signature pasta dish). Costco is great for the main ingredients!

Saturday I made 15 batches of pesto using local basil with those Costco pine nuts, romano cheese, and olive oil. These keep well in the freezer until the fall and winter if wrapped and sealed tight in plastic.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia Can I just say that you are a lucky, lucky girl!
Its true that Phil is an amazing cook and I enjoy his food.
In our house, he cooks most of the time, but there are things that I specialize in.
Korean Short Ribs
Pot Roast
Mac-n-cheese
Chicken Pot Pie
...to name a few.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone want some blue catfish to binge cook with?

Absolutely no skill whatsoever needed to catch 'em, our creeks are chock full of 15lb 3 footers. The state wants us to take as many as we can. If you catch it, you are required by law to kill it. They eat well, too.

Fair warning tho: they stink to clean and they stink to cook, they will test your kitchen ventilation to the limit. If you have an open plan kitchen, you will smell them in your bedroom.

Where are the 100 pounders?