• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bindings for Dynastar Speed Zone 14 Pro (R21)

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
Asking for a friend. I know nothing about race bindings, so posting here for opinions. What are all the binding options for these skis?

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
If it's the standard plate setup, the Look SPX 15 rockerflex would be for a heavyweight hard charger, but the 12 will suffice for most. The old maxflex Rossi/Look race bindings should match to the plate as well.

TS
speedster

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
If it's the standard plate setup, the Look SPX 15 rockerflex would be for a heavyweight hard charger, but the 12 will suffice for most. The old maxflex Rossi/Look race bindings should match to the plate as well.

Will the SPX 10 fit also?

James

Out There
Instructor
Putting a 10 Din binding on a ski like that is taking a lot away from the ski. You can't just look at Din #'s. It's clamping and what force can be transmitted. What happens with flimsey bindings is on steepish turns you'll get wobble. Well that's where you'll notice it the most but it's always there.

There's a reason people want Look to make the Pivot 18 with a lesser spring to move the minimum Din down below 8. So you get that Pivot 18 toe.

Last edited:
TS
speedster

speedster

Putting on skis
Skier
Putting a 10 Din binding on a ski like that is taking a lot away from the ski. You can't just look at Din #'s. It's clamping and what force can be transmitted. What happens with flimsey bindings is on steepish turns you'll get wobble. Well that's where you'll notice it the most but it's always there.

There's a reason people want Look to make the Pivot 18 with a lesser spring to move the minimum Din down below 8. So you get that Pivot 18 toe.

Thanks, I did not know these things. In that case, will there be a significant difference in performance between the SPX 12 and SPX 15 on these skis as well?

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Thanks, I did not know these things. In that case, will there be a significant difference in performance between the SPX 12 and SPX 15 on these skis as well?

The Jump from the 10 to the 12 is major, 12 to 15 is minor. If they were for racing masters or FIS, I'd say go 15 all the way. For rec skis, 12 will be fine unless the user is 220lbs+, then just get the 15.

Sponsor

Staff online