• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bindings for Cheyenne

sushichris

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Picked up a pair in 163cm and would like to get guidance on a binding selection.

The skier is 5'6, 140# athletic, advancing intermediate. I was looking at the Z10/12 since they could be had with 80mm brakes and was wondering if the 10 would be adequate or look for the 12, and if the TI versions would be an advantage beyond carrying them. I was also looking at the Squires in 90mm (she would dig the color choices) and the 11.0 TC EPS in 90 although i think i ran across some that had 80/85 brakes. Is there anything listed that i should avoid or add and any help not over thinking this more than I already have would be sweet.
Thanks

Chris

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wasa (bi) Chris!

Marker:
11.0 TC EPS is a great choice, avoid the Squire, tough for lighter skiers to get into.

Salomon:
Step up t the Sth12 from the Z10/12, much better. The Z's don't hold up over time. If you wait till enxt year, the new Warden 11 will be a good option.

Tyrolia:
Attack 12/13 are light and work well.

Look:
SPX12

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was going to offer advice but I see Phil beat me to it. You're going to love those Cheyennes.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Is the Squire really that hard? My daughter is about 100 lbs and is in a 23.5 boot and has no problem clicking in to hers.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the Squire really that hard? My daughter is about 100 lbs and is in a 23.5 boot and has no problem clicking in to hers.
It seems to vary. I have some that I can stand on with my full body weight and they won't click in. I have to stomp my heel to get them in. Unacceptable to me. Supposedly, the newer versions are better???

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Maybe your 100 lb daughter is a a beast for her size.
I've struggled with the Squire in the past, especially when trying to put it back on on a slope.
According to Marker, they've improved the new Squire but I haven't had experience with it yet.