• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Looking to replace NX 12 demo with an SPX 12 on Hero Elite Plus, and the B80 does not seem to be currently available online in European market. Would the B90 work just fine? And if I were able to track down spare B80 brakes (only), can the B90 brakes be swapped out without too much trouble?

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Looking to replace NX 12 demo with an SPX 12 on Hero Elite Plus, and the B80 does not seem to be currently available online in European market. Would the B90 work just fine? And if I were able to track down spare B80 brakes (only), can the B90 brakes be swapped out without too much trouble?
10 mm, 5 mm to a side, really isn't that much bigger. If you are going to be laying down big arcs turns with lots of edge angle, the wider brakes might be an encumbrance and drag. A little bending of the brake arms, up and in, could get them out of the way sufficiently, if needed.

The brakes are easy to swap. One screw each.

IMG_20200810_144419547.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Keep an eye on Craigslist and other classifieds. These brakes date back almost 20 years, find some old Axial2 or SPX heel/system bindings and grab the brakes off of then. Warning though, the race heel (with the metal C 's on the rear screws, have a different brake. But to @Doug Briggs's point, you can run the 90mm until you find what you want.

AlpedHuez

Skier
Thanks. If it doesn’t say Konect does that mean it won’t work with the plate, but is meant to be drilled and mounted directly on to the ski, rather than slide on/slide off adjustment I can do myself? Hard to tell from the retail promo photos online, that often just show the binding in a vacuum and not on an actual ski in combination with the plate (which of course I wouldn’t take off my skis just for the sake of a new binding).

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks. If it doesn’t say Konect does that mean it won’t work with the plate, but is meant to be drilled and mounted directly on to the ski, rather than slide on/slide off adjustment I can do myself? Hard to tell from the retail promo photos online, that often just show the binding in a vacuum and not on an actual ski in combination with the plate (which of course I wouldn’t take off my skis just for the sake of a new binding).
The brakes come off the say way, that single screw in the center. You can do yourself, lefty loosey, righty tighty.

AlpedHuez

Skier
The brakes come off the say way, that single screw in the center. You can do yourself, lefty loosey, righty tighty.
Not talking about the brakes here. I refer to the full SPX 12 B90 binding I would purchase to replace my NX. Some I see online specify Dual Konect, some do not. So, if it doesn’t say that, will some SPX examples not work with the plate that is already on my Hero Elite Plus?

Attachments

• 48EA67C1-695B-4E34-9B70-F1687E440629.jpeg
    48EA67C1-695B-4E34-9B70-F1687E440629.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 6AD08727-0CBC-4FF7-A1FD-65F52F9F8501.jpeg
    6AD08727-0CBC-4FF7-A1FD-65F52F9F8501.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not talking about the brakes here. I refer to the full SPX 12 B90 binding I would purchase to replace my NX. Some I see online specify Dual Konect, some do not. So, if it doesn’t say that, will some SPX examples not work with the plate that is already on my Hero Elite Plus?
Sorry, lets see if this is the right answer. SPX Dual Konect uses the same plate as the NX Konnect, that is an easy swap, slide on and slide off. If you want to swap to a hard mount SPX12, that will require taking the plates off and redrilling the ski.

AlpedHuez

Skier
Thank you. It’s a bit tricky to determine which is which online, when they use the same stock photos no mater whether hard mount or not, say dual but not Konect, etc. So you would say the above two examples pictured are both hard mount?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thank you. It’s a bit tricky to determine which is which online, when they use the same stock photos no mater whether hard mount or not, say dual but not Konect, etc. So you would say the above two examples pictured are both hard mount?
It is not common to see the Dual Konect being available as a stand alone binding.

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
Hey binding pros.

Marker royal screw pattern question for you:

Do toes on Griffons (circa 2015) have the same pattern as Lord SP (circa 2016)?

Thanks.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

kayco53

Getting on the lift
Skier
I ski mostly in resorts. Some areas I would like to check out but not enough to get backcountry gear. Looking at some of the hybrid bindings now that I got my new lange xt boots last year. Are they as safe as regular bindings regarding release. I will be using them fairly hard doing patrol work. Love the boots much nicer when you aren't sking. Feel great when you are. Would put them on some Dynastar cham97 or legend skis.

Reactions: BMC
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I ski mostly in resorts. Some areas I would like to check out but not enough to get backcountry gear. Looking at some of the hybrid bindings now that I got my new lange xt boots last year. Are they as safe as regular bindings regarding release. I will be using them fairly hard doing patrol work. Love the boots much nicer when you aren't sking. Feel great when you are. Would put them on some Dynastar cham97 or legend skis.
Salomon Shift.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

Shift, Duke PT or CAST.

Discussion for same use case here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/336226-what-AT-binding-for-me

AlpedHuez

Skier
So I have an SPX 12 Rockerace with an R22 plate incoming, for a Hero Elite Plus that came with an NX12 Konnect demo set. Will the skis have to be re-drilled, or will the R22 mounts line up with the Konnect holes?

Sponsor

Staff online