• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Only your forward pressure indicator knows. Probably it will be OK. Adjust so the shorter boot has a touch too little pressure and the longer a touch too much.
Is assessing/adjusting forward pressure something I can do myself, or do I need my shop guys to do it? My DIN is 8.0.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
There are three important factors to setting forward pressure. The first is actually understanding what the proper pressure setting is, the second is using the proper tools and third is to take the boot out of the binding when adjusting screw type adjusters. Non screw-type adjusters require you to remove the boot anyways.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are three important factors to setting forward pressure. The first is actually understanding what the proper pressure setting is, the second is using the proper tools and third is to take the boot out of the binding when adjusting screw type adjusters. Non screw-type adjusters require you to remove the boot anyways.
Yes, Pivots are probably the most finicky bindings to get the forward pressure correct.

AlpedHuez

Skier
Stormrider 95 flat for a Pivot TBD -- or paired with Warden 11 in a package deal? I know that the SR95 usually is paired with Warden 13, but that is not a package option for some reason on this German website. Major difference between Warden 11 and 13?

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
RE: Rockerace SPX 15

I understand that one is meant to mount the heels on a baseplate. Is it the same for the toe? I googled some photos and it appears the answer is yes, but would love to get confirmation here.

Context: I have a pair of Rockerace 15 heels that I'm considering using but would want to mount directly to the ski and pair with some Pivot 14 toes (also mounted directly to ski).

Thanks.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
RE: Rockerace SPX 15

I understand that one is meant to mount the heels on a baseplate. Is it the same for the toe? I googled some photos and it appears the answer is yes, but would love to get confirmation here.

Context: I have a pair of Rockerace 15 heels that I'm considering using but would want to mount directly to the ski and pair with some Pivot 14 toes (also mounted directly to ski).

Thanks.

The race plate is part of the equation for high performance on race skis. And the Rockerace, as the name implies, is for race skis. So a Rockerace is designed for use on a race plate.

That said, there is no reason you can't mount a race binding, Rockerace included, flat on a ski. As there is no jig in the wild for the Rockerace, you'll have to free mount it. It should work fine in the situation you describe.

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
The race plate is part of the equation for high performance on race skis. And the Rockerace, as the name implies, is for race skis. So a Rockerace is designed for use on a race plate.

That said, there is no reason you can't mount a race binding, Rockerace included, flat on a ski. As there is no jig in the wild for the Rockerace, you'll have to free mount it. It should work fine in the situation you describe.

Excellent. Thanks @Doug Briggs.

AlpedHuez

Skier
Look Pivot Forza versus SPX
46A6A828-721A-47E9-8BA3-723C25D61664.jpeg

AlpedHuez

Skier
Would it be a bit impractical to put a Pivot 14 on a Rossi Hero Elite Plus Ti (that has Look NX demo bindings)?

I have got one of the first retail Marker Duke PT 16s incoming, for a Rustler 10 that currently has a Pivot 18.

My envisioned swap-arounds are:

Replace Pivot 18 on Blizzard Rustler 10

Replace Pivot 14 on Blizzard Bonafide 97

Replace Pivot 14 on Blizzard Brahma

Replace NX12 on Rossi Hero Elite Plus

Leaving me with:

Blizzard Rustler 10 with Marker Duke PT
Blizzard Bonafide 97 with Pivot 18
Blizzard Brahma with Pivot 14 Forza
Rossignol Hero Elite Plus with Pivot 14 Bl

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would it be a bit impractical to put a Pivot 14 on a Rossi Hero Elite Plus Ti (that has Look NX demo bindings)?

I have got one of the first retail Marker Duke PT 16s incoming, for a Rustler 10 that currently has a Pivot 18.

My envisioned swap-arounds are:

Replace Pivot 18 on Blizzard Rustler 10

Replace Pivot 14 on Blizzard Bonafide 97

Replace Pivot 14 on Blizzard Brahma

Replace NX12 on Rossi Hero Elite Plus

Leaving me with:

Blizzard Rustler 10 with Marker Duke PT
Blizzard Bonafide 97 with Pivot 18
Blizzard Brahma with Pivot 14 Forza
Rossignol Hero Elite Plus with Pivot 14 Bl
The Hero Elite Plus will not accommodate a Pivot. If you want to upgrade that from the NX, you would have to go to the SPX, whish is a better binding.

AlpedHuez

Skier
The Hero Elite Plus will not accommodate a Pivot. If you want to upgrade that from the NX, you would have to go to the SPX, whish is a better binding.

Would you put the Pivot on an Augment AM 88, and take its SPX Rockerace and put that on the Hero Elite Plus? Or is that compromising Augment skis integrity with too much drilling?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would you put the Pivot on an Augment AM 88, and take its SPX Rockerace and put that on the Hero Elite Plus? Or is that compromising Augment skis integrity with too much drilling?
I would be concerned how close the holes are with the Rockerace heel and Pivot were. If the Rockerakes are already on the Augments, wouldn't fix what wasn't broken.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I another thread " Ski for Recreational Wife" they talk about the Head Joy 9 binding. I am thinking it is a rebranded Tyrolia but not 100% sure. If it is, which Tyrolia is it and does it have some type of track for boot adjustment like my Head PRX?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I another thread " Ski for Recreational Wife" they talk about the Head Joy 9 binding. I am thinking it is a rebranded Tyrolia but not 100% sure. If it is, which Tyrolia is it and does it have some type of track for boot adjustment like my Head PRX?
It is a Tyrolia binding, Probably a 2-9 range with the main concern of the binding is light weight. Adjustment will be simple and tool free.

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
My new, yet to be skied, Stormrider Motion 85’s have Marker Xcell TCX 12.0 bindings. I usually see Tyrolia Attack 11’s on these skis. Am I facing buyers remorse with a race inspired binding? I’m just out there to have 50/50 on and off piste fun.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
My new, yet to be skied, Stormrider Motion 85’s have Marker Xcell TCX 12.0 bindings. I usually see Tyrolia Attack 11’s on these skis. Am I facing buyers remorse with a race inspired binding? I’m just out there to have 50/50 on and off piste fun.
What are you concerns? I'd ski either binding all on piste, all off piste and any combination in between.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The TCX12 is a far better binding than the Attack 11, really more on par with the Attack 12/13

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online