• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks, @Philpug ! Makes life much easier to not have to get used to a new binding. Dumb follow-up question (sorry): if my next pair of boots—planned to get this fall—ends up being smaller, does that change the answer in an inconvenient way?

@chopchop probably, but it'll be a while because our ski shops are closed and I'm the world's least handy person (read: you don't want me anywhere near my skis with a drill). They're also mechanically fine but in pretty rough shape.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks, @Philpug ! Makes life much easier to not have to get used to a new binding. Dumb follow-up question (sorry): if my next pair of boots—planned to get this fall—ends up being smaller, does that change the answer in an inconvenient way?
I don't think that there is enough to go down below a 280....That being the case, don't mount the skis until you get the new boots.

crazycanuck

Getting on the lift
Skier
Bindings for my K2 MB108s just shipped from Corbetts (Marker Griffon 13 ID), and I'm wondering if anyone who skied them last year has any thoughts/input on mounting point for these skis? I'm in no rush to mount them obviously, and I have some time to think about it before taking them in!

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ended up just going with the attack2 13s for my daughters skis. Got down voted on the white 12s when they looked at them. Not much of a difference in price anyway. I can now pilfer their bindings for parts if I have issues with mine. . Thanks again for the advice.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Now that the attack 13 demo bindings have been bulked up quite a bit, would there be a difference in binding performance when compared to the older smaller version?

I'm not sure I want the extra bulk but there are good demo deals out there.

chopchop

so many skis, so little time
Skier
Attack 13 AT Demo* Brakes:

Does anyone know if Attack 13 Demo brakes are the same as the brakes for the non-demo version?

Thanks.

(*2019 version)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Attack 13 AT Demo* Brakes:

Does anyone know if Attack 13 Demo brakes are the same as the brakes for the non-demo version?

Thanks.

(*2019 version)
No, the Regular binding takes the "A" brake, the demo takes the "F" brake.

chopchop

Skier
Topic: Brake width extra tolerance (for touring bindings)

Does anyone here know: With alpine binding brakes there's generally 5mm extra room beyond their stated width.

Is this generally true for touring/pin bindings as well?

Thanks.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Topic: Brake width extra tolerance (for touring bindings)

Does anyone here know: With alpine binding brakes there's generally 5mm extra room beyond their stated width.

Is this generally true for touring/pin bindings as well?

Thanks.
Pretty much.

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Is the Look SPX binding that resembles a demo binding because it has the adjustable track lighter than a demo binding with an adjustable track? My ski shop guy who was mounting it (from factory) identified it as a demo binding and pointed out the "extra" components of the binding (not the track). But the rep says it's not a demo binding.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the Look SPX binding that resembles a demo binding because it has the adjustable track lighter than a demo binding with an adjustable track? My ski shop guy who was mounting it (from factory) identified it as a demo binding and pointed out the "extra" components of the binding (not the track). But the rep says it's not a demo binding.
Yes, there is a long track SPX. Look designed it for their test skis because because they realized that stack height had a significant effect on ski performance. It is not in the catalog nor is available other that internal use or affiliate companies that work with Look.

chopchop

Skier
Look SPX/Pivot Q:

Does anyone know: are the Pivot toes the same as the SPX toes (for same DIN model)? I'm specifically wondering about the 15 and/or the 18, in case that matters.

Thanks.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look SPX/Pivot Q:

Does anyone know: are the Pivot toes the same as the SPX toes (for same DIN model)? I'm specifically wondering about the 15 and/or the 18, in case that matters.

Thanks.
Yes.

AlpedHuez

Skier
Yes, there is a long track SPX. Look designed it for their test skis because because they realized that stack height had a significant effect on ski performance. It is not in the catalog nor is available other that internal use or affiliate companies that work with Look.
Thanks. Well they are on my [UK] Augment AM88, where the long track binding was sent to me directly from Look, due to [COVID] lag in Augment supply chain.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks. Well they are on my [UK] Augment AM88, where the long track binding was sent to me directly from Look, due to [COVID] lag in Augment supply chain.
Since Augment has an affliate relationship with Look, I suggested @Augment Skis reach out to Look to get these..especially for skis such as yours and the upcoming AM98, a better option for wider skis than the Konnect.

AlpedHuez

Skier
Since Augment has an affliate relationship with Look, I suggested @Augment Skis reach out to Look to get these..especially for skis such as yours and the upcoming AM98, a better option for wider skis than the Konnect.
Double Thanks to you, Phil

AlpedHuez

Skier
With Pivots (14) set to my 308 BSL Dalbello DRS 140s, is it safe, easy and no-fuss to also step in with 305 BSL Nordica Dobermann GP 140 / Tecnica Mach1 130? Or do I need to micro-adjust with tools first?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
With Pivots (14) set to my 308 BSL Dalbello DRS 140s, is it safe, easy and no-fuss to also step in with 305 BSL Nordica Dobermann GP 140 / Tecnica Mach1 130? Or do I need to micro-adjust with tools first?
Only your forward pressure indicator knows. Probably it will be OK. Adjust so the shorter boot has a touch too little pressure and the longer a touch too much.