• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
You could try some silicone spray on the contact points of both The binding heel and the boot heel. Other than that not much can be done to help.

Follow up!

Doug, you nailed it!

I had the skis home for a tune and wax Wed. (day off) When done with the tune and ready to put them in the back of the Allroad, I just gave the bindings a spritze with the silicone spray.

NIGHT AND DAY!

Easy in and out. What a difference a squirt makes! ;-)

Hammerchuck

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I have a pair of 2002? ish Look P14 lifter bindings and want to remove them from the ski. Cannot figure out how to get the heel piece off so that I can remove the screws. been a while since I mounted them. I tried screwing the adjustment screw to move them fore/aft but could not get anything visible. have also tried finding install manual online to no avail. Does anyone recall how to do this. Would be much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7026.jpg
    IMG_7026.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 15
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a pair of 2002? ish Look P14 lifter bindings and want to remove them from the ski. Cannot figure out how to get the heel piece off so that I can remove the screws. been a while since I mounted them. I tried screwing the adjustment screw to move them fore/aft but could not get anything visible. have also tried finding install manual online to no avail. Does anyone recall how to do this. Would be much appreciated
Use the forward pressure screw to take the top off and you will see the plate with the screws in it.

Hammerchuck

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Use the forward pressure screw to take the top off and you will see the plate with the screws in it.
Thanks, I thought I needed to do that but they were not budging so I didn't want to continue trying to push them with more force and accidently break them.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have two sets of Attack 13s. I think one is a 18-19 and one is a 19-20. The newer one has "AT" printed on the toe housing. It also has a mechanical sliding AFD that the other one does not have. In any case, this binding appears to put the toe significantly higher off the top sheet (and relative to the heel?) than the other one. Comments? Just curious.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have two sets of Attack 13s. I think one is a 18-19 and one is a 19-20. The newer one has "AT" printed on the toe housing. It also has a mechanical sliding AFD that the other one does not have. In any case, this binding appears to put the toe significantly higher off the top sheet (and relative to the heel?) than the other one. Comments? Just curious.
Yes it is higher. The AT accommodates all soles. Tyroila offers the AT in the 14AT, Fischer offers the AT in the 11AT and 13AT. The AT is the same delta as the non AT versions, just higher. If you look, you will see a spacer plate under the heel of the AT version.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Speaking of the Attack 13, both the retail and demo versions, how does the AFD adjust to the different soles? Tyrolia’s website indicates there is no adjustment required to change between regular soles and GripWalk, but I know there is an adjustment for the AFD height for regular soles.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Speaking of the Attack 13, both the retail and demo versions, how does the AFD adjust to the different soles? Tyrolia’s website indicates there is no adjustment required to change between regular soles and GripWalk, but I know there is an adjustment for the AFD height for regular soles.
From the front of the toe piece. You want .5mm between the AFD and boot sole.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
From the front of the toe piece. You want .5mm between the AFD and boot sole.
I understand where the adjustment screw is located, I actually have a #3 screwdriver just for that.
What I question is the statement that no adjustment is required to switch between standard soles and GW. Is that total BS? ‘Cause I saw it on Tyrolia‘s website.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I understand where the adjustment screw is located, I actually have a #3 screwdriver just for that.
What I question is the statement that no adjustment is required to switch between standard soles and GW. Is that total BS? ‘Cause I saw it on Tyrolia‘s website.
There shouldn't be...but there are always variations. We have found cases, especially with the deeper AFD of the Attack2 that it does need to be adjusted and some boots that will still not match up properly.

richddt

Booting up
Skier
@Philpug I got a pair of Gripwalk boots, just realized my attack 13 bindings I have on my skis are the older version, can I make it fit the gripwalk sole? or i need to change them to the attack2..

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug I got a pair of Gripwalk boots, just realized my attack 13 bindings I have on my skis are the older version, can I make it fit the gripwalk sole? or i need to change them to the attack2..
Older attacks are not Gripwalk, use at your own risk.

Seventh

Booting up
Skier
Is there an adjustment for the AFD height on the Tyrolia Defiance 12 GW? They look to be in spec with each boot/ski but I sure could not see a way to adjust them anyways. Thanks!

richddt

Booting up
Skier
@Philpug Got a pair of Attack2 13 AT, but I don't like the ride height of the heel, can I mix it with the older Attack 16 Heel, from what I read they are the same as the new one? I think they have the stack height of 17mm instead of 24, and since the toe piece have an adjustable height of 17-24, it will make the stack height flat?
THANKS!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug Got a pair of Attack2 13 AT, but I don't like the ride height of the heel, can I mix it with the older Attack 16 Heel, from what I read they are the same as the new one? I think they have the stack height of 17mm instead of 24, and since the toe piece have an adjustable height of 17-24, it will make the stack height flat?
THANKS!
You can but the delta will be all off.

CuriousGeorge

Booting up
Skier
@Philpug, looking for advice.

New 2019 Monster 83's 170 picked up as an all-round family/loaner ski
New 2018? Attack 11 Demo bindings

Picked both up on line, mounted up at home, no shop involved.

Both my son & I have walked out of the heals on a number of occasions, fortunately both have reasonable form so mostly just find ourselves skiing on one ski.
Slowly been upping the heal din, but now running +2 from all our other skis.

Finally took them into the local shop, and after a bit of back & forth, fwd pressure confirmed, etc. the head tech put them on the machine and tested the heal vertical release and sure enough ~25% below spec.
On-line retailer will take them back with full refund. Can't find any replacements & total radio silence from Head-Tyrolia

Anyhow, a couple of questions for you.

Do you know if the heal track of this binding is compatible with any other available Attack Demo versions? Trying to avoid having to drill a new set of holes for a different binding.
Worth pursuing with US Head-Tyrolia or should we just move on?

Been skiing the none demo Attack 13 GW's on my Monster 88's and been impressed, so not totally sour on Tyrolia, think we've just been unlucky with these demo heals.

Heal1.jpg

Heal2.jpg

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug, looking for advice.

New 2019 Monster 83's 170 picked up as an all-round family/loaner ski
New 2018? Attack 11 Demo bindings

Picked both up on line, mounted up at home, no shop involved.

Both my son & I have walked out of the heals on a number of occasions, fortunately both have reasonable form so mostly just find ourselves skiing on one ski.
Slowly been upping the heal din, but now running +2 from all our other skis.

Finally took them into the local shop, and after a bit of back & forth, fwd pressure confirmed, etc. the head tech put them on the machine and tested the heal vertical release and sure enough ~25% below spec.
On-line retailer will take them back with full refund. Can't find any replacements & total radio silence from Head-Tyrolia

Do you know if the heal track of this binding is compatible with any other available Attack Demo versions? Trying to avoid having to drill a new set of holes for a different binding.

Been skiing the none demo Attack 13 GW's on my Monster 88's and been impressed, so not totally sour on Tyrolia, think we've just been unlucky with these demo heals.

View attachment 91204
View attachment 91205

Do you have a picture of the forward pressure with the boot in? Sometimes the numbers on the boots do not quite match up with the given range on the binding and you need to move it up one click. I am sure the shop checked this but it would be great to see a picture of the forward pressure with the boot in.

As for pursuing Tyrolia, more than likely they will not want to replace your demo binding or fix it because most companies do not intend for that to be the permanent binding on a ski and want customers to purchase retail bindings for skis. Demo bindings are generally not available to the public and thus warranty on them usually does not extend past shops or demo centers.

As for the grip walk version of the demo plate I do believe it uses the same base or "track" and if for some reason it is different it probably uses the same hole pattern as Tyrolia is not known to change the hole patterns.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Q: How much clearance do you adjust to between AFD and boot? When doing a ”business card” test, does the card move easily in between, with a little resistance or does it (almost) get stuck?
Bindings I have is Tyrolia Atack 13 and Sollie STH2.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

The Attack 11 Demo and Attack 13 Demo have the same hole patterns and the same tracks. The 11's are as inconsistenct in testing as the 13's are consistant. The Attack 11's (demo or regular) are not my favorite binding.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
question
Tyrolia AA Attack 14 AT bindings? Are the mounting templates (Screw holes) the same as the Attack 13?

There is a video on line that shows mounting in less than 5 minutes. That would be nice ;-)