• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Moe

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey-- looking for any advice on what bindings to mount on a new pair of Stockli Stormrider 88 (177cm). A little info on me:

Male, 39 y/o; 5'9" 195 lbs. aggressive expert skier, ski all mountain. Ski in VT, and take trips to CO, UT and WY.

Previous equipment: Nordica Steadfasts w/ Marker Griffon bindings. DIN: 9
Boots: Lange RX130 (28.5)

Have been very happy with the Griffons-- just wondering if there is a performance difference between the Griffons (or other Markers) and Look Pivots, Tyrolia, etc.

When I demo'd the skis initially they were mounted with Squires-- I liked how light the setup was, but the bindings felt a little "plasticky."

Also- any considerations in mounting position?

Thanks!

Warburton

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Haha, I just bought 177 SR 88s two days ago (last years model) male, 45 yrs, 5'9", 200 lbs, aggressive expert skier...all mountain...but boilerplate in Scandinavia and then Italy, France.. :) And I got Lange RS 130 wide...essentially the same boot as you. :)

Mounted them with Warden 13...mainly because I skied Kendo with marker griffons in Val disere two weeks ago with a lot of fresh snow and just got annoyed with clicking in with snow in the way under the boots and getting stuck in the binding. I then skied Qst 99 with Wardens...just slightly easier to live with. Also looked at Look Pivot...but store only had them in yellow...

I can't say that I could feel any difference in performance of the bindings....but, those two skis are very different beasts from each other so I guess any diff in snow feel from the binding got lost in the overall picture.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I have my SR88's mounted on the line with Tyrolia Attack bindings.

Previously I had been using Griffon's as well. The only difference I can detect between the two bindings is the Griffons are a lot harder to click into.

I have about 30 days on my SR88's; I have yet to pre-release. I usually ski Stowe; groomers, bumps, trees, powder, ice. No complaints.