• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Binding Info Needed

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'm considering buying a previously-owned pair of 2018 Fischer Pro Mtn 86s that had Tyrolia Attack 13s, but are being sold without those bindings.

I'd rather not have to redrill - Will any Tyrolia Attack 13s use the same mounting holes? If so, will they adjust from a 301mm to a 310mm BSL? (original owner's v. my boots). Lastly, what brake width for the 86mm waist?

Thanks for the help!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm considering buying a previously-owned pair of 2018 Fischer Pro Mtn 86s that had Tyrolia Attack 13s, but are being sold without those bindings.

I'd rather not have to redrill - Will any Tyrolia Attack 13s use the same mounting holes? If so, will they adjust from a 301mm to a 310mm BSL? (original owner's v. my boots). Lastly, what brake width for the 86mm waist?

Thanks for the help!
As long as the bindings were originally mounted for the 301 and not say 285mm adjusted out to the 301, you will be fine. As far as the brake width, ideally the 85mm brake but the 95mm would also work.

TS
Joby Graham

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
As long as the bindings were originally mounted for the 301 and not say 285mm adjusted out to the 301, you will be fine. As far as the brake width, ideally the 85mm brake but the 95mm would also work.

Thanks, Phil! I'll ask the owner at what BSL the bindings were mounted.

I should have asked - will those mounting holes be the same for all of the Attack family (year/DIN range/boot type)? My DIN setting is only 6.5, so an Attack 11 or 12 would suit me.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
All the Attacks are the same. Don't go down to the 11, it is not as good of a binding. Stay with the 12 or 13.

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
Yeah, I wish I would have read this before I bought a pair of skis with Attack 11s...

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The holes will work with most Tyrolia bindings. Their 92W jig is pretty universal for their adult alpine retail (not rental or demo) bindings.

TS
Joby Graham

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
The holes will work with most Tyrolia bindings. Their 92W jig is pretty universal for their adult alpine retail (not rental or demo) bindings.

Thanks! I haven't kept up with all the partnerships among the ski companies - am I correct that all "Attack 12 or 13" bindings are the same, regardless of the company brand on them?

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes...not “exactly” the same...cuz it’s a 12 DIN or a 13 DIN....I would assume you would be fine with either....Yes, Tyrolia/Head would be the same.

Juha

Booting up
Skier
Yes...not “exactly” the same...cuz it’s a 12 DIN or a 13 DIN....I would assume you would be fine with either....Yes, Tyrolia/Head would be the same.
If the Tyrolia/Head/Fischer Free Flex bindings are exactly the same shape and weight, they are likely the same chassis regardless of the color and brand name on the surface. The springs between din 12 and din 13 binding is likely just a bit stiffer on the 13. I think different brands try to differ from the others by such small tweaks using the same basic construction.
The higher end the binding, the less plastic there is - typically ones with 17/18 or more max DIN value having no plastic anymore. You can notice this in massive weight vs lower end bindings.

Sponsor