• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Binding Brake Size?

Oleg S

Booting up
Skier
Hi,
I just got flat skis (no bindings) and bought a new binding for it.
Ski: Nordica Enforcer 104
Binding: Look Pivot 115

Here is my question, usually, I have skis width closer to binding width, but I had never had before 10x size.

STH comes with 100, 115
Pivot also same 95, 115

Is it appropriate to install 115 brake width on 104 skis or should I switch to 95/100 and try to band the brakes, or just install what I have, and don't worry about it much?

thank you in advance,

Oleg

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
This is one of those where *which* binding kinda makes a difference. Stretching the STH / Salomon brake over a 104 is easy. Pivot brakes do not like to stretch.

TS
Oleg S

Oleg S

Booting up
Skier
I already have Pivot 115, I guess, I will try to install it and see how bad it would go.
If installing 115 on 104 is a really bad idea, I would try to sell Pivots and buy 100 STH. but for now, Pivot deserves a try.
Thank you all for your help.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have talked to Look about an angled brake..we seem to have their ear, maybe in the next redesign?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil,
Just curious...angled from what point (and which way)?
Whhere the Pivot brake sites fairly low on the ski, something that is bent upward and gets away from the snow. Similar to the Salomon brake.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Whhere the Pivot brake sites fairly low on the ski, something that is bent upward and gets away from the snow. Similar to the Salomon brake.

Ahh, I was envisioning outward (or even downward)...thanks.

Sponsor