• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bike Garage Storage Solution

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
My bikes, my skis, my tools and occasionally myself all reside in air conditioned comfort. A garage can be a useful place for a car or perhaps a lawnmower but it's not a suitable place for a decent bicycle.

Also I don't have a garage.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We have nice garages in Alaska, properly heated, vapor barriered, and sealed from the outside elements. Perfect places to store all sorts of things or even live in while you build the main house. Alas I do not have a garage. Instead my wife and I turned one of the bedrooms in our small house into a "gear" room where both our road bikes, all our skis, paddle boards, camping gear, and whatnot else lives. I've had to get fairly creative with the bike storage and invested in a wall mount rack that will hold both bikes. in the space between the bikes and wall I mounted a bunch of ski racks to hold all our skis. It has taken a few different configurations, but the latest works quite well! Our two fat bikes live outside on our covered deck as they are a bit more resilient and not as expensive as our road bikes, they are held vertically against the side of the house using rubberized ladder hooks to hold the front wheel up.

20190702_222554.jpg

I'm literally standing in the gear rooms closet so I can get everything in the picture. There are floor to ceiling wire racks on the left for holding everything and a nook to the right where I have a 6' work bench. Not a very big space, but big enough for everything (so far).

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid