• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Biggest Ski Resort Expansion In 15 Years Hits East Coast

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
From all of the pictures and blog posts on their site, they have made amazing progress so far. Hopefully we can have a snowy winter to open those glades. It will be interesting to see how the new chair/terrain redistributes the crowds.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am usually at Hunter most Sundays during the winter .....my crew and I are really looking forward to this expansion. It will be interesting to see how it will distribute the crowds and if it will change the way we usually ski the mountain.

Hunter gets a bad rap from many.....but if you go on the right days/times....and know the flow of the crowds/lifts......it can be an interesting mountain that makes parking lot beers at 2:00 taste real good.

:beercheer:

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
I am usually at Hunter most Sundays during the winter .....my crew and I are really looking forward to this expansion. It will be interesting to see how it will distribute the crowds and if it will change the way we usually ski the mountain.

Hunter gets a bad rap from many.....but if you go on the right days/times....and know the flow of the crowds/lifts......it can be an interesting mountain that makes parking lot beers at 2:00 taste real good.

:beercheer:

Maybe some day I'll experience one of those right days/times. The handful of times I've been there have been packed, iced and/or thin coverage. New runs will definitely encourage me to make another attempt.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you can commit to the east coast golden hours of 8-1.....and follow the sun...you might have a better day at what we call the Slag Heap.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Maybe some day I'll experience one of those right days/times. The handful of times I've been there have been packed, iced and/or thin coverage. New runs will definitely encourage me to make another attempt.

Wednesdays tend to work. Thankfully, that's my day off. Sundays aren't bad if you know how to ski the mountain. Looking forward to some new trails.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
One of the new trails is called Overlook and a friend sent me a you tube link.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like the place, haven’t been there in. Couple of years. I will make a trip this year to check it out but I will take the day off. As a general rule I stay away from Hunter on busy days, weekends are out. In general if you can take a day mid week to ski a different mountain then home, it’s best to do so. Hunter is worth trip if you like steeps.

Sponsor

Staff online