• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was at the opening and got the sense some elements would be different if the current operator had designed the building. Unfortunately the design/build phases happened under a now defunct mall company. The snow guns and lighting aren't great, the top is too steep for beginners, entry isn't easy for people with their own equipment and floors aren't designed for ski boots. That said, I had a great time and if you have your own gear it costs less than 30 bucks.
Thanks for the information on this.
I recall when this venue was first built and how it sat in moth balls for a long time. Glad someone took the time and effort to get it going.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Bring a couple like minded friends and make your own moguls. That's how the old timers did it.ogwink
Most of the indoor hill footage I've seen shows sections with seeded bumps. I'm not sure the ceiling in this one looks high enough for air though, definitely not anywhere near the lift chairs.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Coming to this late. I went about six times in December and January - sometimes alone and sometimes with my little boy. Or really seven, but was kicked out of the mall due to it not being open yet (despite there being open doors and lights on) and arguing with mall cops.

It's OK for introducing someone to skiing or getting the legs going. Probably for dialing in boot fit. The problem is that the slightest lift line is annoying when the run takes less than 30 seconds.

Twice we went midweek when there were very few people there it was awesome - skiing onto the lift of each run continuously.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Maybe I should have gone there to get ready for this week’s gathering in JH. 5 days in the Catskills didn’t help.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Coming to this late. I went about six times in December and January - sometimes alone and sometimes with my little boy. Or really seven, but was kicked out of the mall due to it not being open yet (despite there being open doors and lights on) and arguing with mall cops.

It's NJ... no surprises there...a weekly occurrence while living there! I haven't gotten "into it" w/ any mall cops, security guards, parking lot attendants, or police of any kind since I left and came to VT back in '97.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Send me -- I'll go. Just like skiing the Midwest without the sun.

IMG_2434.PNG

Last edited:

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Im going to be real about this in a negative way but its an honest opinion based on the fact that I live in this area my whole life.
I feel (like so many other things around here) eventually this will be something ruined via the demographic it will attract. Thats just the way things in this area often go. Etiquette ,common courtesies and respect within the masses are not what they use to be and in this area they are among the worst there are.

This is owned by the same corporation that owns mountain creek (ski resort in NJ) and I dont ski there at all anymore. I went back there a couple years ago for a couple days after like 25 years of staying away and once there I quickly realized why it is I hadnt been there in about 20 years and i wont be going back. The most overcrowded zoo of the most rude common courtesy and respect lacking demographic you can be around and that even included the staff directing cars in the parking lot. A lot of my very poor and bias opinion about many snowboarders is in part due to this.

Unfortunately this is going to be the crowd frequenting this place. I can just picture this already. This isnt going to be the place where the respectful newbie family will gets turned on to skiing. Instead its going to be a place people fight just to park their cars before they even go in.

This might work in other places but not here. oh they might stay in business for a while but its not imo going to the nice thing for the average family to do.

Its also not cheap being about 35 bucks for 2 hrs and of course plus rentals on top of that. Times that by a family of 4 for two hours and then also put up with the local area jerks everywhere. Then try to justify the work and effort involved for just 2 hr window.

Sorry to bust anyones bubble . I wish i could say differently but unfortunately thats just the truth about this area.

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Sorry to bust anyones bubble . I wish i could say differently but unfortunately thats just the truth about this area.
Wait, Lindsey isn’t going to greet me walking in??
Depressing to hear.

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wait, Lindsey isn’t going to greet me walking in??
Depressing to hear.
haha. maybe she will try but then someone with their pants down to their knees will cut you off at the last second using their snowboard to block you.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Should be the first US ski resort shut down to prevent the spread of CV19.

James

Out There
Instructor
Should be the first US ski resort shut down to prevent the spread of CV19.
Lol. I think you’re right! Though “resort” is a stretch.
Next - Mountain Creek, but nature will shut that down soon. Way too warm.