• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They're firing it up tomorrow (12/14), so they can work out all the kinks in plenty of time before the Pugski Gathering!

8 people on a chair?! I wonder how long it will take before they successfully load and unload a group of 8 snowboarders from one chair?!

Asking for a friend. ;)
RC8-slider.jpg

Edit to add image

Last edited by a moderator:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lift Blog had a great write up on this lift.
I keep thinking, people can usually count to 4, can barely count to 6, they're going to lose their minds when they have to count to 8.
Cool grand opening of the lift on their Facebook page.

Last edited:

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It runs like a Swiss watch now that the opening days bugs have been worked out !
Loading belt at the bottom brings passengers to a slight rise of snow to stop them just before the couch swoops you away.
The only problem is I’ve seen so far are when eight are at the gate and only one two or three riders proceed forward if they’re not in the center of the chair or move over to center on the conveyor belt the couch is tipped.
Like @scott43, we’ve ridden some in Europe but this pup is in a league all it’s own.

F560BAEE-8DCD-4E4C-B539-1F16803F9A1D.jpeg

8970F127-1818-4A43-9EBE-194A5F10F115.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It looks downright luxurious

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It runs like a Swiss watch now that the opening days bugs have been worked out !
Loading belt at the bottom brings passengers to a slight rise of snow to stop them just before the couch swoops you away.
The only problem is I’ve seen so far are when eight are at the gate and only one two or three riders proceed forward if they’re not in the center of the chair or move over to center on the conveyor belt the couch is tipped.
Like @scott43, we’ve ridden some in Europe but this pup is in a league all it’s own.

Heck with the chair, how's the skiing there?

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^^^^ exactly sshore. The bucket seats are so raked back like Reccaro race seat a bar is hardly needed. Kinda thought they would have sprung for real leather seats and not that faux stuff :D

@Tom K. - skiing is getting a bit firm with a recent warm spell and no significant snow lately but the 7-10 day is looking promising.

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
The one thing I don't like about the new lift. I HATE riding with the bar down and this one stays locked once down until you hit the top station. Makes me more than a little clostrophic.

Hmm . . . I'm the opposite and feel exposed without it down, like driving without a seatbelt. Strokes/folks. I supposed with 8 on the chair the debates are going to be more epic than with 3 or 4.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The bucket seats are so raked back like Reccaro race seat
I was actually thinking that those seats have the potential to make me make old people sounds when I stand up.

James

Out There
Instructor
Seems to say the first locking restraint bar in NA.

I think it's a bad idea. With 8 people the chances of someone having to shift their leg, ski, arm caught in the end, are high. What are you going to do when there's a screaming kid with his arm trapped? Usually that's a fairly quick fix even on a 6 pack. The net result will be the bar will be used even less than average.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@ella_g - not a thread drift, a snow drift :D
We moved out FT in August, The new Home is in the glamping stage but we are in and warm.

When it’s done I’m going to start a thread on building in booming ski town - :doh: UGH !!!
The new lift and big sky terrain is the best way to take ones mind off the project on those days when everything is going O so well.

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
If you're bored some day, I have heard the craziest stories about building in Jackson ... like not to be believed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online