Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
Pugski Ski Tester
As many Gathering trip reports start, this one starts a few days before the official Gathering as we (@Philpug @Andy Mink @AKMINK and I) travel north and spend some time at Jackson Hole.
IMG_0002.JPG
We bumped into the Grumps almost immediately upon arrival, which was a nice treat.
Hopefully @KingGrump can get MM to post some pics that she took.
IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG

While at Casper for lunch, we bumped into the Kentucky boy and his two sidekicks
@Gary Stolt @JohnL Mrs Grump @Andy Mink @AKMINK @Philpug @King Grump @SKI-3PO We let them hang with us. :D

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
Pugski Ski Tester
We had a good morning but a short morning so we could get over the pass to BigSky.
Visibility wasn't as good as yesterday but still...good snow.
IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0043.JPG
How many Thermal Trekers can you put in a JH locker?
@KULKEA :D
IMG_0046.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
Day two for us. In contrast the the blue skies yesterday, we had snow and wind. Decided that a trip to the peak was out, as we both like some visibility. Shedhorn and Dakota chairs were closed so we went over to the Moonlight Basin area for a couple of hours. Nice skiing, but long 2 chair laps to access a good portion of the terrain. Early lunch then we headed over to the Shedhorn/Dakota area. Took a bunch of runs in the trees as visibility in the open/bowl areas was not great. We decided to leave a little bit in the tank and headed back to the base-we took "Middle Road"-huge mistake-a never ending catwalk! Did a few more runs off the Swift Current and Ramcharger lifts and called it a day.

We were here 11 years ago and I'd sort of forgotten how much terrain there is here. I'm sure there will be lots of stuff we won't have a chance to get to. Looking forward to putting faces with screen names tomorrow.

Advertisement