• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
What are some good lodging companies to look at? It seems that a lot of the properties on Moonlight side are not managed or available through the Big Sky resort.

Moonlight (the resort area, not the ski area part) is completely separate from Big Sky. Go here to book Moonlight lodging. https://www.moonlightbasin.com

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
What are some good lodging companies to look at? It seems that a lot of the properties on Moonlight side are not managed or available through the Big Sky resort.

Alright, Miller--I've leased through a few of them. Personally, I've stayed in pretty much the best accommodations in moonlight from a convenience/location perspective, along with a luxury perspective.

That being said--the moonlight stuff is probably NOT conducive to trying to ski with the Pugski group. You WILL NOT be able to make it over to the base area to meet up with people prior to opening. You WILL be able to meet them within 10 minutes of opening, but from moonlight you have to take a lift and a long cat track over to the base. (You would be able to get first-ish chair on challenger, though!)

The ski in/ski out stuff that would be best for the gathering in a higher end accommodation would likely be the stuff immediately close to Ramcharger lift, by Scissorbills and lone mountain sports. These are the places on Ambush loop trail.

NOTE ALSO: Stuff off the Black Bear Poma would still qualify for the gathering, as they fire up the poma for access about 10 minutes before the regular lifts open.

These places are "kinda ski in" and are older.

If you're looking for a nicer place for the GATHERING, stay in those condos at the base. If you don't have about the gathering, stay in Cowboy Heaven, the Moonlight lodge penthouses, or one of the private houses between the challenger lift and Iron Horse.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Oh, @Miller while we lease our specific units through the same couple people every year, I've always had GREAT success booking through VRBO and AirBNB.

The companies that do this for their private landlords have always been on top of it.

FYI, the two times we've booked though big sky central reservations, they've bait and switched the units, saying it wasn't available.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Lodge At Big Sky offers a 21% discount if we book at least 10 rooms. We can book individually but it does require commitment and a deposit. They also offer a meeting room for each night 10 rooms are booked. Discounted rates are $149-$159/night/room plus 17% tax, fees, gratuity. They have indoor and outdoor hot tubs. It is 150 yds uphill to the lift and they offer a free shuttle. Note for those already booked, they will adjust the rate. They say Oct and Nov are when they usually fill up so now is a good time to book.
Please send a PM to me if interested. I need your name and specific nights that you will book. I'll try to coordinate.

Anyone need a roommate or have a couch or bed I can pay for. Will be by myself. Love to go but need a place to stay.
@Pete in Idaho check in on the deal Gary got together.
I would happily offer up a sofa at the ski house we're staying at, but we already gave that up to @Jasmine

Last edited:

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Anyone need a roommate or have a couch or bed I can pay for. Will be by myself. Love to go but need a place to stay.
Hi Pete,

If you are still looking....

I'm shopping for a place right now for myself and one other mid 50's guy from CO. I'm also trying to talk my wife and two teenage girls into coming. If they come I'm going to book one of the lodge kitchenette double queen rooms for us. If you are still looking I can see if my buddy Scott would be up for splitting another room with you. Things are still fluid but trying to firm up in the next week or so.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi Pete,

If you are still looking....

I'm shopping for a place right now for myself and one other mid 50's guy from CO. I'm also trying to talk my wife and two teenage girls into coming. If they come I'm going to book one of the lodge kitchenette double queen rooms for us. If you are still looking I can see if my buddy Scott would be up for splitting another room with you. Things are still fluid but trying to firm up in the next week or so.

Yes still considering going. I really don't know how many or what days but maybe.................

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
ROOM AVAILABLE:

My son had to cancel because something big came up for that week at his job.
So there is an available private room in the condo with me, @KevinF @Tony S and @Needham.

We are looking for a compatible non-smoker to take the extra room.

It is a big condo with kitchen, hot tub, laundry, a short drive from the hill. I have big SUV and Tony has a small one to give us some flexiblity. We will probably cook dinner together a couple of times but mostly eat out.

The five of us had a similar setup last year for the Utah Gathering and it worked out great.

The price is $740.74 for the week - seven nights, checking in 2/23 and checking out 3/2.

So is anybody joining the Gathering and need a place? Or have a hotel reservation that can be canceled and prefers our group of charming extroverts? ogwink (That's satire -- we are actually pretty quiet, at least till you get us spun up on inside tip lead or flabby wine.)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid