• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
The Lodge At Big Sky offers a 21% discount if we book at least 10 rooms. We can book individually but it does require commitment and a deposit. They also offer a meeting room for each night 10 rooms are booked. Discounted rates are $149-$159/night/room plus 17% tax, fees, gratuity. They have indoor and outdoor hot tubs. It is 150 yds uphill to the lift and they offer a free shuttle. Note for those already booked, they will adjust the rate. They say Oct and Nov are when they usually fill up so now is a good time to book.
Please send a PM to me if interested. I need your name and specific nights that you will book. I'll try to coordinate.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Lodge At Big Sky offers a 21% discount if we book at least 10 rooms. We can book individually but it does require commitment and a deposit. They also offer a meeting room for each night 10 rooms are booked. Discounted rates are $149-$159/night/room plus 17% tax, fees, gratuity. They have indoor and outdoor hot tubs. It is 150 yds uphill to the lift and they offer a free shuttle. Note for those already booked, they will adjust the rate. They say Oct and Nov are when they usually fill up so now is a good time to book.
Please send a PM to me if interested. I need your name and specific nights that you will book. I'll try to coordinate.

@Gary Stolt , does it have to be a certain room type? I'm booked in a double queen mountain view at $256/night from 2/23-2/27. Without doing the math it would be more than a 21% discount to get from $256 to $159.

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
I talked to the mgr a couple days ago and he said rooms would be $149 or $159, even the triple queen. It seems a little too good to be true. If I get enough interest (I'm confident we will), I'll confirm everything. The $149 room is smaller. The $159 room is bigger and has a better view.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I talked to the mgr a couple days ago and he said rooms would be $149 or $159, even the triple queen. It seems a little too good to be true. If I get enough interest (I'm confident we will), I'll confirm everything. The $149 room is smaller. The $159 room is bigger and has a better view.
Keep us updated on this and especially the conference room.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Well, I'm in if they're going to knock that much off my rate. You have my dates so if you need anything else let me know and I'll PM you.

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Some sites are saying just stay in Bozeman and ski both Big Sky and Bridger from there. Thoughts on that? We want to potentially do a few days at each place. How big of a pain in the ass is the drive from Bozeman to Big Sky? A biggest PITA than using two different condos during our vacation (ie: Spend 3 night in Bozeman and then 2 more at BS)

Horrible idea. Bridger is a side note to big sky. Do the whole trip at big sky and if you happen to make turns at Bridger, so be it.

Bridger is not worth a side trip when traveling across the country to ski and big sky is right there.

(FYI, bozeman to big sky is a PITA)

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
FYI, there are numerous condos at the base that are EASILY ski in ski out. I've done about 20 or so week long vacations at big sky, so pretty aware of the lay of the land...

Accomodations can go from Mild ($200ish) to wild (Spend what you want.)

Every year we spend a week in big sky, and now do something on the hill in Moonlight. (More on the wild side, and not as convenient to the day's activities as the village.)

We booked @Rich Peters into a place in the village; a great condo for less than $200 a night w/ big sky tax and room service included. So deals are possible...but I would book now!

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks for mentioning the Lodge at Big Sky. I just booked 4 nights there after finding other options booked up.

Just booked for 5 nights. Thanks for the suggestion
Turns out the wife and I are heading to BS for the first time, and our dates correspond with the gathering! We’re coming out on Friday 22Feb and skiing for 4 days.
Any lift ticket deals?

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Turns out the wife and I are heading to BS for the first time, and our dates correspond with the gathering! We’re coming out on Friday 22Feb and skiing for 4 days.
Any lift ticket deals?

I bought the Ikon Base pass so that will take care of my lifts at BS (and JH). I've never been to BS so someone else is probably a better resource for ticket deals.

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any lift ticket deals?
Minutes after I posted, the plans changed :(
We are now going earlier in the month and will miss the gathering. But still excited to be going to Big Sky.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier

Gary, count me in if possible. I will be driving down from No. Idaho. Am willing to room with skiers and will have Dodge pick up with canopy so can haul gear, pick up person on was over/down etc. Let me know.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Gary ,I am coming the 23 and leaving the 2nd coming alone, not fussy at all, just want to be close to lifts. sounds good
, PM me with the details and I can book . Thanks Brad

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Gary, I'm in on the Lodge deal, and have a big enough group coming with me to probably take three rooms in total. We'll book for the duration (Feb 23 to Mar 2). PM sent.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I heard from a reliable source that the Pugs staying in discounted rooms at the hotel will be picking up Gary's beer tab for the week.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I heard from a reliable source that the Pugs staying in discounted rooms at the hotel will be picking up Gary's beer tab for the week.
Gary doesn't drink too much......more than the rest of us..... :doh::beercheer:

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess that we are not quite yet set. I talked with them this am and thought we could start but they want to send some sort of contract which I have not yet seen. Please be patient. I'll post when I get it signed. Sorry.
When you post that it's done I'll give them a call and change my reservation. I've got a 2 queen kitchenette with peak view and the average daily rate was 270.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
FWIW, Gary likes this
BUD_LIGHT_12_B_026_V6_White_Background_CMYK20151216update.jpg

Or this.
RwaWTplw2xtJgCMCAuQ9op5kH0tPXanDuNnQXWaEmu3S24T5mKiPGTwrT-lM5Jizs2cS6TFgvBxvyfX0LY3Rq4KCN8P3bMzS_1RAb4CkJ3VhMKhTz39Zm62gSUyPa7GZmY5M_kMRKi6JfMsBg3cxa0VxXr1J5GuUcqowzYdGje0zr-sM3_SbrD1qkqnD9LGxGSWxQ2U7VX_I_dkp1ps=s1000-pd-e365-pc0xffffff

And this
10531443146782.png

However, he is afraid of @Philpug 's margaritas.
There may be other's who have learned life lessons at the hands of Phil's margaritas. ;)

Miller

Putting on skis
Skier
FYI, there are numerous condos at the base that are EASILY ski in ski out. I've done about 20 or so week long vacations at big sky, so pretty aware of the lay of the land...

Accomodations can go from Mild ($200ish) to wild (Spend what you want.)

Every year we spend a week in big sky, and now do something on the hill in Moonlight. (More on the wild side, and not as convenient to the day's activities as the village.)

We booked @Rich Peters into a place in the village; a great condo for less than $200 a night w/ big sky tax and room service included. So deals are possible...but I would book now!

What are some good lodging companies to look at? It seems that a lot of the properties on Moonlight side are not managed or available through the Big Sky resort.

Sponsor