• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m here at Big Sky, skiing every day until Sunday 2/23 (well, hopefully I am. My family may outvote me for a sight seeing day sometime).

If anyone wants to grab a few runs one day, let me know

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
I’m here at Big Sky, skiing every day until Sunday 2/23 (well, hopefully I am. My family may outvote me for a sight seeing day sometime).

IF the sight seeing involves a trip into Yellowstone, I would concede the vote and go.

TS
BS Slarver

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Wade - we are taking tomorrow off, perhaps some runs on Thursday ?
If it’s not already booked - contact one of the snowmobile tours in West Yellowstone for a Yellowstone Park tour. You can get your family tour in and go fast in some fresh pow.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

I’ll be at Big Sky on Friday 2/21 and Saturday 2/22, would love to meet up with you and @BS Slarver.

edit: as well as any other Pugs.

Last edited:

Lofcaudio

Getting off the lift
Skier
I'll be there in two weeks (for my first time skiing in Montana). I'm staying in Bozeman and would love some advice for getting to the mountain (parking) and renting skis. I figured I could find the best rates for top-notch demos in Bozeman. Let me know if you know.

TS
BS Slarver

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not sure how demo rates compare from big sky to Bozeman - a couple calls to find out.
Lone Mtn Sports, located literally right on the hill is our go to shop, they have about every make and model one could ask for. LMS is the only shop I’ve ever seen that lets you demo boots before you buy.
Flying into BZN ? Renting in Bozeman, PHD skis, still a bit of a hassle IMO as I can’t think of a shop that is directly on the way to BS, perhaps others can chime in.
Why make the stop and drag additional equipment both coming and going unless your starting or finishing at Bridger.

Free Parking lots here are huge, just park it and look for the free shuttle to the mountain mall - doesn’t get much easier.

***Hint - park on the mountain side of the lot and you can ski back to your car to avoid the shuttle back in the afternoon

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not sure how demo rates compare from big sky to Bozeman - a couple calls to find out.
Lone Mtn Sports, located literally right on the hill is our go to shop, they have about every make and model one could ask for. LMS is the only shop I’ve ever seen that lets you demo boots before you buy.
Flying into BZN ? Renting in Bozeman, PHD skis, still a bit of a hassle IMO as I can’t think of a shop that is directly on the way to BS, perhaps others can chime in.
Why make the stop and drag additional equipment both coming and going unless your starting or finishing at Bridger.

Free Parking lots here are huge, just park it and look for the free shuttle to the mountain mall - doesn’t get much easier.

***Hint - park on the mountain side of the lot and you can ski back to your car to avoid the shuttle back in the afternoon

Also been using LMS for years.

Could consider East Slope Sports in the Big Sky Meadow https://www.eastslopeoutdoors.com/ski-rentals rates may be a bit lower. Right on your way up the mountain. Haven't tried them though.

Lofcaudio

Getting off the lift
Skier

Sounds like parking will be fairly hassle-free...glad to hear. Does LMS offer ski check with their rentals? Because I agree, I would prefer not to cart the skis around if I don't have to....but everything has its price.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@BS Slarver @David Chaus , I had a day with family and friends today and will ski with my young daughter for some of tomorrow (Friday), but can duck away for a while and would love to meet up for some runs.

Let me know if you’re around and when might work.

Lofcaudio

Getting off the lift
Skier
Current plan is for me to be skiing solo next Tuesday (3/3) and then show my wife the goods the following two days. Would love to hit Liberty Bowl on Tuesday if conditions permit. Would definitely be open to skiing with someone who can show me the lay of the land.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Would love to hit Liberty Bowl on Tuesday if conditions permit. Would definitely be open to skiing with someone who can show me the lay of the land.

I am working out of state until March 7th, so maybe the next time you are in Big Sky/