• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Any signs of preliminary work on Swifty 2.0? (I know it's not getting built this summer, but wondering if they're doing anything to get it going (if they can).

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any signs of preliminary work on Swifty 2.0? (I know it's not getting built this summer, but wondering if they're doing anything to get it going (if they can).
There is some regrading going on around Swifty 1.0 which may be related to the future. There is some work going on at the top station to Ramcharger and all the chairs are on the haul rope for some reason. The BS summer season is supposed to start July 1st.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Summer downhill mountain biking is a hit at Big Sky, but social distancing not so much! Stay healthy out there.

Mtn Bike Line.jpg Ram Charger Mtn Bike line.jpg

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yikes . . . though looks about like the lift lines on the last day. At least it's outdoors and folks aren't right in each other's faces.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hummm ……. the biggest skiing in America looks to be taking a proactive stance in the 'Rona and capping skier visits, or passes anyway.
Neighbor went to purchase their season pass yesterday and were told they are SOLD OUT !!!

BS Spokesperson explained, it was due to the high demand and amount of passes sold before the early deadline, its going to be an interesting winter.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Sibhusky - We had no advance warning whatsoever. Everyone’s first pandemic here so it’s a very hard and a fluid situation but thinking limiting numbers shouldn’t be a bad thing except for the bottom line.

After listening to the podcast with the CEO of Boyne in April it’s apparent they want to be leading the way in dealing with C19

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was there an indication that sales would be Iimited?

There was a limited time to buy season passes this spring and rather than the typical price increase after the first phase of sales, passes were "off the market." I took that to mean Big Sky was taking a wait and see approach to COVID and the 20-21 season, not limit pass sales.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
From the website:

The Big Sky team wants to make every effort to ensure guests who visit this winter season can enjoy the full resort experience with social distancing. A part of that effort is to assess the number of season passes and lift tickets available for purchase this season, and stopping pass sales on June 15 will allow us to be thoughtful on our approach moving forward.

Seems a little ominous for folks without season passes . . . and just wanting lift tickets.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
So there was warning. I'm just worried about them doing the same thing here. Supposedly we have until September 30. And my plan had been to wait and see what they planned to do to protect us.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So there was warning. I'm just worried about them doing the same thing here. Supposedly we have until September 30. And my plan had been to wait and see what they planned to do to protect us.
Curious how this will impact interlopers like myself. We just booked President's Day long weekend at Big Sky. @BS Slarver hoping to take a couple laps with you and Erica again ... maybe even an after ski drink with proper social distancing :coffee: ____________________________:coffee:

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don’t have a screen shot of the pass offerings before the deadline but could’ve swore it said buy before the price goes up not by before we sell out!
@dovski - one thing is for sure, we will have a winter here in MT. Due yourself a favor and take some of the new found Stockli $$$ and get ready to skin if needed.

Spnole

Getting on the lift
Skier
How would this effect someone who wants to do a walk up with a mountain collective pass?

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
How would this effect someone who wants to do a walk up with a mountain collective pass?
Or for that matter the Boyne reciprocal resort privileges - would really suck if you arrived in Big Sky and could not ski

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My .02
regardless of the mountain you ski at this winter, without a cure or vac it will be a reservation or advance purchase only so an estimated skier total can be derived.

Thinking the walk up window day trippers this year will be F’ed ! Sure hope I’m wrong.

Tiki

The Pirate’s Daughter
Skier
We are BSR pass holders and bought our 2020-2021 passes in March. After June 15th, we received a very lengthy survey about our feelings going into a COVID-19 winter. The questions were about our comfort levels visiting the mountain, from dining, lodging, air travel, rentals, etc. I’ll assume the survey was only sent to (BSR) pass holders who already purchased, like us. Did anyone else get same survey?

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not BSR pass holder, but I've been there 10 years running and on their list of frequent guests (for whatever that's worth). No survey.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I got a similar survey from someone, Jackson Hole if I remember correctly.

Spnole

Getting on the lift
Skier
I too got a lengthy survey from Jackson Hole about a week ago (They had my email from an advance purchase single day ticket I bought from them in January).

Sponsor

Staff online