• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
At the suggestion of others . . . away we go!

Keep tabs on the Ramcharger 8 lift build (and Ramcharger removal/relocation) here:

Probably better suited to the Big Sky 2018-19 thread (how soon is too soon to open?), but Big Sky has cameras set up so you can follow the progress of the Ramcharger lift replacement. Looks like they're starting by pushing that massive base out of the way so they can get to work digging and installing.

https://bigskyresort.com/the-mountain/webcams/ramcharger-cam

https://bigskyresort.com/the-mountain/webcams/ramcharger-cam-(alternate)

Looks like the chairs have already been removed from the lift and are stashed near Swifty for the time being.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
I understand that this is a really big project that will require careful coordination and hard work to get the new lift installed. Looks like they are attacking the project very aggressively.

I have to imagine it is. They have to remove Shedhorn quickly so that they can move Ramcharger over there. I'm guessing it's a lot more efficient for the helicopter to pick the tower up and move it straight to the new spot than to set it down and then carry it over another time. All while readying Andesite for the new Ramcharger.

blah

Getting on the lift
Skier
Already dropped some cash for the 18-19 Mountain Collective pass. 3rd free day set at Big Sky. Only 7 more months left to go...

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just wanted to make anyone that comes across this thread aware that the PugSki National Gathering will be at Big Sky for the 2018-19 season.... February 23rd - March 2nd, 2019. Hope to see lots of folks there... I'm guessing this thread will be a bit more active because of it.

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
I have to imagine it is. They have to remove Shedhorn quickly so that they can move Ramcharger over there. I'm guessing it's a lot more efficient for the helicopter to pick the tower up and move it straight to the new spot than to set it down and then carry it over another time. All while readying Andesite for the new Ramcharger.

I saw a couple of heavy lift choppers flying high up up the valley in Ennis yesterday and was wondering what they were doing. Should have put two and two together.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
LOL ...Can you find out who’s chopper that is ? I Just returned from the Miele factory sale with some appliances to take cross county.

Going to need to borrow one of those heavy lifters just to put the new fridge in place - it took 4 of us to get it out of my van !

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
LOL ...Can you find out who’s chopper that is ? I Just returned from the Miele factory sale with some appliances to take cross county.

Going to need to borrow one of those heavy lifters just to put the new fridge in place - it took 4 of us to get it out of my van !
When do you need help unloading? I am on the road for a few weeks but back in mid-June.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow @Talisman, very generous of ya, FYI the fridge is 500#
The UHaul cross country trek date is yet to be determined as we haven’t broken ground yet, that’s still 4-6 weeks away.
Once we have a foundation and a structure
I’ll feel like this is really happening.

Cautiously optimistic that will be having turkey day in the new house.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Ramcharger bottom station has been removed . . .

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hmmmmm
Welcome to June in Big Sky, where it snows nearly every month of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online