• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
My dad,a career Ornithologist with US Fish & Wildlife had to come west to UT to see a Water Ousel.
He has seen just about every bird in the US except this one!

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
My dad,a career Ornithologist with US Fish & Wildlife had to come west to UT to see a Water Ousel.
He has seen just about every bird in the US except this one!
Oh the tyranny of a life list of birds! American Dippers are really fun to watch on the wing, sitting & swaying or swimming under water.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Now I really have to get to the meadows, clearly more research is needed here.
Am I understanding the American dipper is the same or similar to the water ousel?
A rarely seen bird who likes to swim in the falls?

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Now I really have to get to the meadows, clearly more research is needed here.
Am I understanding the American dipper is the same or similar to the water ousel?
A rarely seen bird who likes to swim in the falls?
American dipper = ousel. Dippers are not only seen at the falls, but because they nest in the area there are usually a number flying around that area.

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
At the suggestion of others . . . away we go!

Keep tabs on the Ramcharger 8 lift build (and Ramcharger removal/relocation) here:

Looks like the chairs have already been removed from the lift and are stashed near Swifty for the time being.
Has there been any work on the second floor cafeteria this summer?

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
“ Big sky or bust “ washed off the rear window on the 1st night.

Currently in Chicago having ..... what else a deep dish pizza !

Think I filled up the U-Maul 4 maybe 5 times today, she was thirsty

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
A few shots from a hike around Big Sky.

Lone Peak with a few snow patches

Lone Peak .JPG

Top of the Ramcharger which is more massive than it looks in a picture.

Ramcharger Aug 2018.JPG

The new top station of Shedhorn

Shedhorn Aug 2018.JPG

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
A few shots from a hike around Big Sky.

Top of the Ramcharger which is more massive than it looks in a picture.

Should make for a nice view from the deck of Everett's! :rolleyes:

Is off-loading going to be straight through or to one side?

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
Meanwhile, new website. Also, BigSky2025 has some slightly new information on it - looks like Explorer replacement with a gondola is coming soon, followed by expansion up to the Bowl.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m hearing the new Gondi is going to go all the way up to the tram with a midstation at explorers current unloading area for access current beginner terrain.

Then...... upgraded or new tram may be in the works ?

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
Meanwhile, new website. Also, BigSky2025 has some slightly new information on it - looks like Explorer replacement with a gondola is coming soon, followed by expansion up to the Bowl.

A greatly needed upgrade. The Explorer lift is very slow and a Gondola from there to the top, along with moving Ramcharger uphill a ways will greatly reduce the congestion at the base area.

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Lots of activity in Big Sky this summer. Meadow Village Hotel plus several smaller projects are giving Big Sky a real sense of community. Houses and condos are under construction in the Meadow plus improvements to public areas are all positive.
Big houses and some condos are under construction on the mountain from Yellowstone to Moonlight. Numerous earthmovers are working on terrain details all over the mountain today.
This summers Rodeo and Classical Concerts were very popular.
Lots of folks second guessed management for investing in the Ramcharger 8 but an accelerated Gondola program explains it.
New Shedhorn lift seems to be moving along too.
I think BS bought into the "If we build it they will come'" philosophy. New Shedhorn and new runs on the back side will introduce more guests to the joys of semi-backcountry plus some of the greatest views in the resort. Both are good.
My guess is in two years Big Sky will have a completely remodeled base area (mall) building, a gondola and the foundation for a new hotel near the new gondola, and still have shorter lift lines than any other major resort in USA.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This place is wall to wall construction all summer - estimates are 1000 Construction trucks a day just to Yellowstone club alone.

A rep from Big Sky sewer and water told me they predict in the next 10 years all the allocated tie ins will be spoken for for housing, and some neighborhoods are seeing 15% increase values year over year.
Still in the works is the 500,000 sq ft new Yellowstone lodge, bigsky2025 and a real mountain community.
This weeks offerings, farmer market, movies in town, weekly music in the mountains free concert to name a few..... all on our bikes or on foot.

“Build it they will come ? “ heck, you better get here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor