• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Snow sure is good all over the mountain. Cold today but warming tomorrow.

BTW how is the new lift running? Been reading about all the woes with the Copper lifts and wondering if things are better with Ramcharger.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
BTW how is the new lift running? Been reading about all the woes with the Copper lifts and wondering if things are better with Ramcharger.

Ramcharger stops a lot, IMHO. Not sure if the cause is slier/boarder user error or mechanical issues. The lift mechanics reduced the chair loading to 50 chairs from 64 to see if that would help. More pedestrians are using the new lift during the day to access Everett's which also slows/stops the lift.

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
I didn't see the "sled in the tree" from the avalanche a decade ago, I hope that icon is still around.

Sled is still there! Tree is growing so a bit better hidden perhaps.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sled is still there! Tree is growing so a bit better hidden perhaps.

Glad the memento of the old avalanche is still there. With the faster ride on Sheddy, I need to stop studying Vuarnet Cliffs, Dictator Chutes and Lenin and pay attention to the trees.

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
I’m sure there is some learning curve for both the staff and the guests with Ramchrger 8. I have not experienced any mechanical issues in the past three days. I think Boyne mgt is right that this will be the industry standard in 5 years. It’s almost as different from the typical high speed quad as a high speed quad was from a good fixed grip chair 30-40 years ago. On and off is sooo easy. Beginners love it. I don’t know where a gondola fits into the mix when this style lift is so user friendly

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m sure there is some learning curve for both the staff and the guests with Ramchrger 8. I have not experienced any mechanical issues in the past three days. I think Boyne mgt is right that this will be the industry standard in 5 years. It’s almost as different from the typical high speed quad as a high speed quad was from a good fixed grip chair 30-40 years ago. On and off is sooo easy. Beginners love it. I don’t know where a gondola fits into the mix when this style lift is so user friendly

Is it any easier on and off than any other conveyor chair? Maybe because the seats are more widely spaced/individual?

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
New seats are definitely individual, same as powder seeker. If you straddle the divider it can be an interesting ride to say the least :eek:

My two rides today both had stops so either user errors or perhaps a bug or two to work out.
Snow quality today was great, left side of the mountain offered soft untracked

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
I have limited experience with conveyor loading and no experience with conveyor unloading. Maybe all detachables with conveyors are equally friendly. I hope they are.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have limited experience with conveyor loading and no experience with conveyor unloading. Maybe all detachables with conveyors are equally friendly. I hope they are.

There isn't conveyor unloading... just the usual stand up and slide away. Hopefully not followed by a pile of 8 people tangled up on the ground.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I am heading there this weekend. I have heard not so great conditions?

We need snow after the holiday crowds worked over most of the mountain. The last few systems didn't bring much more than a dusting. If hard bumps with grass and stumps in some troughs or fast groomers with gravel spots are your preference, conditions are awesome. Some of the lines requiring a long traverse or uphill travel are holding a few soft turns.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
We need snow after the holiday crowds worked over most of the mountain. The last few systems didn't bring much more than a dusting. If hard bumps with grass and stumps in some troughs or fast groomers with gravel spots are your preference, conditions are awesome. Some of the lines requiring a long traverse or uphill travel are holding a few soft turns.

Thanks. Same story at Bridger also?

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thanks. Same story at Bridger also?
I don't have recent first hand knowledge regarding Bridger conditions. There aren't many people around BS, so when you do find a fluffy line it can be repeated without much sharing.

SnowbirdDevotee

Putting on skis
Skier
Is it "bad" out there? I've never been to BS and am traveling/skiing alone Sat/Sun. I thought I had to go this weekend to make it fit but plans have changed. I could change flights to two weeks or even Feb 9/10th. I don't need premo conditions to explore the mtn but would not appreciate rock hard moguls and possible melt/freeze conditions this weekend. I know it's better to wait, but like I said, I'd be fine with ok conditions with most of the mtn open.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I don't need premo conditions to explore the mtn but would not appreciate rock hard moguls and possible melt/freeze conditions this weekend. I know it's better to wait, but like I said, I'd be fine with ok conditions with most of the mtn open.

Conditions aren't "primo", but Sat & Sun are supposed to be sunny and warm (for MT). You should get soft "spring bumps" on south facing runs off of Sheddy and Dakota. The high Alpine may not soften, but if something high does Liberty Bowl is fun with sun softened bumps once you get through the rocks on the traverse. Don't bring your best skis and you will have fun.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hand tune - lone mtn sports. Independent and our favorite shop

Automated - The brand new wintersteger at the mtn shop, base of the mountain village.
You might want to wait till your done skiing as the low tide is taking its toll on PTex
Even in good snow years it’s a rocky place - it’s the price of battle here at BS

TS
skidrew

skidrew

Getting off the lift
Skier
What's up with Six Shooter? I just got an alert on my phone that it's closed indefinitely (app must think I'm still at BS).

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So are the current BS conditions typical for early January, below-average or "where's the @!%&!@$# snow?!

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
What's up with Six Shooter? I just got an alert on my phone that it's closed indefinitely (app must think I'm still at BS).
Six shooter was down for a few days last week due to "electrical issues", not sure about the reason it is down today. When the weather gets warm the six seems to have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.